Island Princess - Third Person AND a Rollaway

ziggy666

The deck plan for the Island Princess shows that stateroom A404 (and several others) can accommodate a third person AND a rollaway. Is there something unique about these rooms that allows for a rollaway - for example, is some of the furniture removed? Or is this just a way to express that the cabin will sleep 4? My parents will be in this cabin on an upcoming family cruise - they are rather picky and I want to confirm that their room layout is identical to mine (A620). Thanks!

On the Island Princess, A620 is rated for just two passengers maximum. A404 is rated for three passengers maximum. The third bed is a bunk that comes down from the wall or ceiling. No rollaways. There isn't room plus you cannot book more passengers in a cabin than it's rated for. This is due to lifeboat capacity.

Pam, I have read where some have been able to book a triple cabin, but were allowed to have them supply a roll away for the room for a forth person. I think this is only allowed in certain triple cabins. But those who have actually had a roll away brought in have not been happy as that made the cabin wall to wall beds. But it is not 'always' the case where a triple cabin will only be allowed to accomodate three passengers.

As for a difference in the cabin, not at all, the roll away is just placed in front of the balcony door (it is folded up during the day), which will block the door for any others wishing to go onto the balcony without climbing over the roll away bed. And leaves very little floor space to get around in the actual stateroom.

Archived