2012 Epic, substituting Cannes for Nice for just one cruise date?

RollTideRollRich

I couldn't really find anything on this, but I did notice that the Epic was adding France ports to the 2012 Epic sailings, eliminating Palma, and going in the reverse direction that 2011 went. However, I noticed that the departure for Sep 23, 2012 from Barca was actually going to Cannes and not Nice. Anyone know why or whether or not it's better? ;)

I couldn't really find anything on this, but I did notice that the Epic was adding France ports to the 2012 Epic sailings, eliminating Palma, and going in the reverse direction that 2011 went. However, I noticed that the departure for Sep 23, 2012 from Barca was actually going to Cannes and not Nice. Anyone know why or whether or not it's better? ;)

We have this week booked - the only thing I know of is the Royal Regatta in Cannes takes place that week, so the bay would be full of beautiful yachts. Don't know if that is the reason they are doing only that week in Cannes, but I'm sure looking forward to it:)

Cannes and Nice are about 20 minutes apart by train, which is cheap and comes about every 30 minutes. The train station is very centrally located in Cannes, and should be walking distance from the port. In Nice it's a little further out, maybe a 20 minute walk to the beach and the old city center, or you could take a taxi.

I think this was the case for the Gem in 2008 every once in awhile. As far as adding ports in France, it looks like they are just adding the ability to embark/debark in Marseille and Italy as part of what I'd call the usual Barcelona Western Med. route.

Archived