Port of Lisbon?

dmk

Would anyone know which dock Celebrity ships use in Lisbon? Also, does Celebrity provide a shuttle?

I would like to make some plans. I believe there are some docks that are further away from the city.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

The dock will depend on several factors including what other ships are in port. The Port of Lisbon assigns the docking postions and normally publishes this info on their web site. However I just looked and their cruise line docking schedules do not currently work. As to free shuttles, we have been to Lisbon many times on RCI, Princess, Celebrity, etc and have never had free shuttles. In fact there are normally no shuttles because there is no need. Almost all the piers are relatively close to public transit (depending on which dock either the Metro or Tram) and taxis are plentiful. Lisbon has improved their port in the past few years by adding a couple of updated piers that can handle cruise ships. So these days it is likely you will dock at one of several piers all located in the city. In the old days (and I am talking old) many ships would dock a bit out of town near the Belam Tower but they no longer use this pier for cruise ships.

Hank

When we were there in May on Constellation TA Princess and Holland were docked right in town. We on the other hand were docked right under the big bridge.

It was about 2 blocks to the tram. We took a private walking tour where the guide met us at the dock and helped us on the tram. When the tour was done he just left us at the city square. We weren't too impressed. We shared a cab back with another couple for 10 euros. Be careful though the first cab was trying to get 25 euros and was very mad when we wouldn't get in.

In our experiences Celebrity is always at the worst docking facilities:confused:

Archived