rude passengers on freedom

sheasey

Hi everyone

Just off the freedom today and truely had a wonderful time,if i was to write about all the positives id be here all night it really is a five star service.One thing i noticed on several occasions on the ship were people being extremly rude to the ships staff while constantly referening there "status" in the loyalty programme.I heard one woman berate a poor bar attendant that the ship was not being drivin fast enough and it was causing her to be sick!!

Hi everyone

Just off the freedom today and truely had a wonderful time,if i was to write about all the positives id be here all night it really is a five star service.One thing i noticed on several occasions on the ship were people being extremly rude to the ships staff while constantly referening there "status" in the loyalty programme.I heard one woman berate a poor bar attendant that the ship was not being drivin fast enough and it was causing her to be sick!!

I just laugh at those people. Makes me wonder how they can have a happy life when all they do is complain about things.

Ugh. The status thing is ridiculous. Concierge Lounge this, reserved seating that. And then those that have no other way of communicating other than complaining about anything and everything. The compensation culture drives me crazy too. And don't get me started on chair hogs ;)

Happens on these boards all the time. Everyday.

How many people start a conversation by telling you their status???

A poster will ask a simple question, and before you know it someone is bragging about how many Trans-Atlantics they have been on.

List every cruise in their signature to make sure it's "In your Face"

When on a cruise it just kills them if they don't let you know all this, and have to be just like everyone else.

A poster will ask a simple question, and before you know it someone is bragging about how many Trans-Atlantics they have been on.

When on a cruise it just kills them if they don't let you know all this, and have to be just like everyone else.

LOL!

I am so glad not to be the only person who notices people randomly announcing their 'status' in their posts on these boards and it is so funny. I truly get a giggle out of it because you can tell it makes them feel so important and is such a status symbol to them.

I'm new so I have no idea about color status:D. Even if I did, it makes no difference to me. I have to deal with everyone from the homeless to the smartest neurosurgeons you'll ever meet and they all get treated the same way......until one pisses me off:eek:

I'm reminded of some important advice:

Never ask anyone if they are Diamond or above. If they are, they'll tell you, and if they're not... well, there's no need to embarrass them.

(I really heard this said about asking people if they are from Texas, but it seems to apply better to cruise status in this situation.)

I actually prefer people list their cruises (at least the number). To me a person with 12 cruises have a small amount of credibility to their responses to specific questions than a person with one cruise. But that is just me.

Never ask anyone if they are Diamond or above. If they are, they'll tell you, and if they're not... well, there's no need to embarrass them.

(I really heard this said about asking people if they are from Texas, but it seems to apply better to cruise status in this situation.)

Guess then that there is no doing anything with someone who is D+ from Texas. :) (This is a joke.)

Seriously, if someone is insecure on land, they are going to be insecure at sea. In my opinion, that's the only reason someone has to tell someone else who he/she is in a random conversation. On my last cruise, I met someone in the hot tub who had to tell me he'd been invited to eat at the Captain's Table.

Here, perhaps, as suggested above, it can be okay to give background to establish credibility. For example, I've never done a TA so I am interested when someone who has done three tells how they are.

I do list my cruises because they are my memories.

DH and I met a man on one of our last cruises and the first thing he said was "what type of cabin are you in? I don't stay in anything less than an owners suite". Then immediately started telling us he had made so much money that he was able to retire while still in his 30's and now spent his time traveling. We decided that ANYWHERE else on the ship was better than where we were.

I list all my cruises in my signature, not to get it in your face, but to add credibility when I answer another posters question. If a poster can see that I have cruised on the ship they are referring to, it sometimes helps them

I list all my cruises in my signature, not to get it in your face, but to add credibility when I answer another posters question. If a poster can see that I have cruised on the ship they are referring to, it sometimes helps them

Same here. I guess my view is the more cruises the more you've seen and the more you can respond to with some credibilty.

Sorry, have to ask,,"what's wrong with being from Texas":confused::confused:

And the other one is "have you been invited to dine at the Captain's table", wow, as my DD used to say "big whoop",, with some folks it;s just part of their DNA, they have to brag and throw their weight around:eek:.

Life is short,,just go on your cruise and enjoy:):D

Had a guy at my table on my second cruise throw his gold card around left and right claiming that he got $500 OBC for it and a free drink coupons. Made me sick. I'll just patiently wait out until I hit D+

I will be on fos in two weeks. It will be my last cruise with gold status. I am so glad I read this! Who do I call to get my 500 obc? Lol.

Hi everyone

It really is ridiculous, isn't it? When someone complains the ship is not sailing fast enough, I think that's time to find another mode of vacation.

As for the status thing, I have no problem displaying my cruise history in my CC signature, but DW and I have pretty much dis-associated ourselves with most of the status stuff (most, not all...we've made some great friends here ;)). Once it gets to be a competition over who has the most points, the loyalty stuff is no longer any fun. The kicker was on a recent cruise where I struck up a conversation with a couple in the waiting area to embark. Both of them managed to announce their Pinnacle status before even saying their names.

I have ordered DW to cut me off from cruising if my priority ever becomes points over enjoyment or if I start complaining about stupid stuff like the ship not sailing fast enough.

Archived