Blu menu

Spf12

Is Blu exclusively for guests in Aqua class or can those traveling in suites also use it? If a person is traveling in a Royal or Penthouse suite, can they order room service from the Blu menu?

Suite guests are always permitted to have breakfast in Blu [without upcharge] and can have dinner in Blu on a space available basis by prior arrangement with Blu's Maitre 'D and subject to a $5/person upcharge... On some sailings suite guests have been readily accommodated in Blu for dinner but, on others [including my most recent], demand exceeded capacity [as their primary dining room, AquaClass guests are assured seating in Blu] on many nights and at least some suite guests were politely turned away...

To the best of my knowledge, room service is never available from the Blu menu... I've only dined in my room once at dinner while in AquaClass and was offered the MDR and standard Room Service menus... And I do not believe--someone else may have more definitive knowledge than I--that the AquaClass room service menu at breakfast is the same as the Blu breakfast menu [i believe that it's the Concierge Class/Suite Room Service breakfast menu that is used]... If I'm correct--and I think I am--I can't imagine that suite guests would have the option of ordering from Blu via room service either...

WOW, this thread was soooooo helpful. Thank you everyone. We are new to X. Just came off a B2B on the Summit & booked the Silly AQ for March 2012. We took the AQ room because it offered at the Concierge benefits PLUS Blu which, is like a mini specialty in itself. If we are not the happiest with their daily offerings we can always go to a specialty or to the MDR for some of our favorites like the frogs legs, the lobster & a few others. ( Yeah, frogs legs & carpaccio.... I know I'm weird.) LOL!

Thanks a bunch!

WOW, this thread was soooooo helpful. Thank you everyone. We are new to X. Just came off a B2B on the Summit & booked the Silly AQ for March 2012. We took the AQ room because it offered at the Concierge benefits PLUS Blu which, is like a mini specialty in itself. If we are not the happiest with their daily offerings we can always go to a specialty or to the MDR for some of our favorites like the frogs legs, the lobster & a few others. ( Yeah, frogs legs & carpaccio.... I know I'm weird.) LOL!

Thanks a bunch!

You are NOT weird. I would hop a mile for good tender frog legs. Love the escargot also. DW, on the other hand, would not touch either one.

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on a 14 night cruise on the Infinity in January and booked an AQ room. At the time I didn't realize that you would be assigned exclusively to Blu for dinner. I enjoy sitting at large tables and usually enjoy the MDR. Has anyone been able to go between the two restaurants whichever night you chose to.

Also, is Blu ever open for lunch. We'll have several sea days and I thought it would be a nice place to go for lunch.

Can someone explain how dining in Blu works for AQ? Do you have to have a specific reservation time or do you just show up whenever each evening?

This is both our first time on Celebrity as well as in AQ so I'm still full of questions. I am also hoping that the staff will be willing to grant some special dinner requests for my husband. Our group is looking forward to dining in Blu but after checking some menus posted by others I can see that my husband will not really care for it. We still want to eat together (we are six altogether). He will be okay with steak or chicken or fish but I wondered if he will be able to ask for some things off the MDR menu instead. From reading here it sounds hit or miss depending on ship/staff whether this is possible.

Also since this is a holiday cruise does anyone know if Blu does a special Christmas or New Years menu?

Thanks for the info.

St. Louis Sal

Archived