Balcony Advice

Ramrac

My husband and I are taking our 6 year old son, at that time, on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Freedom next October and I just want to get some feedback on the balcony rooms.

I had been in a regular balcony room, but I'm wondering how much better the Balcony Aft and Premium Balcony Vista rooms are. I did read online in an article that the premium and aft balcony's can get really hot due to the lack of wind, so you may not want to spend too much time on them. Has anyone had this issue?

I'm really stuck right now on which one to choose, and DH is leaving it up to me. Any advice on which one ot choose?

Thanks everyone!

Another question, how does the Junoir Suite compare to the two?

id rather have a 9C, but there are only 6 of them per ship, so they go quickly.

Iv seen the 9Cs and the aft wraps, it wraps around.. so the balcony is very long .. its huge.. both sides of the cabin and the cabin is very light and airy as you can see so much out of it, not all blocked up like a cabin that only faces one way.

the suites are larger with a bath tub, .. but I dont take baths so I dont see this as a plus. VIP getting on, which I already get anyway.. so another on plus.

for me Id take the 9C, maybe deck 7 which is in between but heard some prefer the deck 6s.

deck 8 you might get people throwing things over from lido. someone posted and had a fit.

which ones can you choose from of the 9Cs? Id rather have a smaller but more open feeling cabin with the huge balcony than a suite.

Thanks yoo two. I did not know that with a suite you get VIP check in. This will only be my 4th cruise so I had not reached that marker yet, but I'm working on it :) Now I know there is a big price difference between the 9C and Ocean Suite, but which would be better between those two? I do like bigger balconies, but I also would like the extra room since my son will be with us.

Thanks yoo two. I did not know that with a suite you get VIP check in. This will only be my 4th cruise so I had not reached that marker yet, but I'm working on it :) Now I know there is a big price difference between the 9C and Ocean Suite, but which would be better between those two? I do like bigger balconies, but I also would like the extra room since my son will be with us.

Guests in suites get VIP check in, VIP debark and guaranteed dining times... It's not much but it's a nice perk...

:)

Id have to look at the deck plans .. but most of those 9Cs that Im aware of dont hold 3 people. So that might narrow down your choices.

(they have all that glass open so there really isnt a wall to put a 3rd bed).

OK I just looked and only the two on deck 3 allow a 3rd person in them.. so there are only two on the ship you could possibly book. These two have the sofa bed.

Id have to look at the deck plans .. but most of those 9Cs that Im aware of dont hold 3 people. So that might narrow down your choices.

OK I just looked and only the two on deck 3 allow a 3rd person in them.. so there are only two on the ship you could possibly book. These two have the sofa bed.

Deck 6 has 9C rooms that hold 3 people. Thank you all for your responses! It's hard to choose.

The 9Cs on the Upper Deck, Liberty and the Freedom only, have sofa beds and sleep 3...

:)

Archived