NCL Jewel Excursions

marialivia32

I'm still trying to figure out what we'll do about a Canaveral excursion. We are not interested in the Kennedy Center or Universal Studios, and we wonder if we just got off the ship and walked around -- is there anything there? If we could find a licensed jitney operator to take us on a local tour, that's what we'd like. Exactly what is available there other than these energy-draining (fo us) and expensive excursions to places we are not interested in? I know, of course, we could simply stay on the ship, but we'd like to get off and see whatever there is to see, somehow. Thanks. ML

I'm still trying to figure out what we'll do about a Canaveral excursion. We are not interested in the Kennedy Center or Universal Studios, and we wonder if we just got off the ship and walked around -- is there anything there? If we could find a licensed jitney operator to take us on a local tour, that's what we'd like. Exactly what is available there other than these energy-draining (fo us) and expensive excursions to places we are not interested in? I know, of course, we could simply stay on the ship, but we'd like to get off and see whatever there is to see, somehow. Thanks. ML

What we've done a couple of times is get on the shuttle just as you get out of the pier building. For $10 pp you can get on and off all day, they stop at cocoa beach/Ron Jons surf shop, Walmart and the Mall. It's interesting just riding around. Get off at the Cocoa Beach stop and walk around that area.

There really isn't anything within walking distance of the pier itself.

I can't thank you all enough -- I was becoming concerned about this, because we have had some bizarre adventures in the past when we've gone to places we knew nothing about! I've gotten good info from the Port Canaveral website but am puzzled as to whether the Cove Marketplace is closed now, or was closed at the time they posted their info. I'll keep looking! The eco-cruise sounds great too. I wonder why it's not included in the list of excursions? Maybe if all else fails, I'll call the excursion office. Anyway, many thanks to all of you who responded.:D

Archived