Short Review of the Millinium Wine Cruise

wally8

For those of you that were thinking about sailing on the Millinium, go for it! We are both 66 and were in CC cabin 8065 on this 10 day Wine Cruise starting in Vancouver. This was our second cruise on the Millinium and we love the ship. It did show some wear yet so do I and overall it was in really good shape which is more than I can say about me.

Crew: They were wonderful from our room attendant to the wait and bar staff and to the officers. Always couteous and smiling and always willing to serve. Especially the staff in the Cove Cafe and the Maitre D in the select dining area of the main restaurant.

Cabin: There were some negative comments about the noise outside cabin 8065 from the crew entrance yet we did not hear a thing and it was very convenient to everywhere. It was also clean and comfortable.

Dining: We had select Dining and it worked very well. We made reservations for a 8:15 table for 2 so we could see the 7:00 show and it was always ready. The food was as expected in the main dining room. It is always amazing what some people expect from a kitchen that cooks for 2,000. It was not gourmet yet much more than any convention food I ever had and again the staff was wonderful.

Entertainment: I thought all of the production shows were really good with talented vocals and back up band. The other specialty groups like Metro Park accapella and the calssical trio were again just great to hear. The setting of the Cove Cafe on 5 made listening a pleasure. The lecturer was also very good and both entertaining and educational. By his last lecture, the place was full. The games we attended werre a funny and the late night dancing on 11 was a great way to finish the night.

Drink Package: I had the Classic package and it worked well. I have no idea if it was worth it yet since I don't like to sign everytime I get something it worked for me.

Ports: Since I had never been to any of the ports, I thought the intinerary was great just not enough time in any one place.

Conclusion: It was just great to sail on the Millinium and if anyone has any specific questions, just send me your email and I will will be glad to get back to you.

Bob

You must be hard core. Wine cruise and Classic Liquor Package. Love it. :D

But did I miss something here? You were on a wine cruise but didn't mention anything about the wine or what the wine cruise consisted of. :confused:

Would like to read your thoughts about the wine portion.

Thanks

You must be hard core. Wine cruise and Classic Liquor Package. Love it. :D

But did I miss something here? You were on a wine cruise but didn't mention anything about the wine or what the wine cruise consisted of. :confused:

Would like to read your thoughts about the wine portion.

Thanks

Exactly. As a true Wino, I want to hear about the good stuff.

Agree 100% with OP on cc8065....we had that one last year, absolutely no noise inconvenience whatsoever from the ''crew entrance'' ...didn't even know it was there...

Millie is a grand old lady..leads her class with panache !!!;) ( and yes...I'm older than she is as well and it shows on me way way more than it does on her...:rolleyes:.)

Cheers

The "Wine" in Wine cruise referenced the intinerary and the opportunity to visit various wineries in each location. There were very few wine opportunitites on the ship itself and didn't see any opportunities to purchase local wines on board with dinner etc.

8065 is a CC 2 category and is in a good location. Not sure what value the concierge provided since we did not use them.

Again, thanks for the comments. Bob

The "Wine" in Wine cruise referenced the intinerary and the opportunity to visit various wineries in each location. There were very few wine opportunitites on the ship itself and didn't see any opportunities to purchase local wines on board with dinner etc.

8065 is a CC 2 category and is in a good location. Not sure what value the concierge provided since we did not use them.

Again, thanks for the comments. Bob

Now I am curious about what ports you visited to see wineries in each port?

Archived