Free Wi-Fi?

I Luv Crusin

I just googled this.....free internet is available

Post Office on Water Street, St. George Bermuda. This is few steps east of Cafe Latte that I have described above. There is a free internet terminal here which is meant for quick use for 10 minutes or so. However, if there is no one on the queue, you can continue to use it. There are no seats and you will need to stand and work.

The Bermuda Library on Queen Street (Hamilton) offers free Internet service with a limit of 30 minutes per person.

I just googled this.....free internet is available

Post Office on Water Street, St. George Bermuda. This is few steps east of Cafe Latte that I have described above. There is a free internet terminal here which is meant for quick use for 10 minutes or so. However, if there is no one on the queue, you can continue to use it. There are no seats and you will need to stand and work.

The Bermuda Library on Queen Street (Hamilton) offers free Internet service with a limit of 30 minutes per person.

Given the travel time and cost of getting from Dockyard (where the OP's ship will be docked) to Hamilton or St. George's these really aren't viable options.

Thank you for asking/answering this question. I was going to search for a way myself. The options in Hamilton and St. George will be perfect for us since we are getting the public transportaion passes and will be going anyway.

Thanks again!

>^..^<

We sailed to Bermuda in late August and found the following places that offer different internet access options:

The tiny post office in St. George has a terminal, 10 minutes max, but out of service.

In Hamilton, the main library has six terminals. You need to sign up and wait there for your turn as you have 10 minutes to sign on once they announce your turn from the tiny terminal. However, the staff there were excellent and they did try their best to help you. The main post office also has one terminal for the public. First come first serve.

At the dockyard, there is a place called International Connection which offers internet access for a fee. It's $5 for 30 minutes and you can buy as much minutes as you want. Great support and service from the owner Christian. The signal was strong enough that I was able to use my laptop on the Summit. They also offer long distance call option.

Given the travel time and cost of getting from Dockyard (where the OP's ship will be docked) to Hamilton or St. George's these really aren't viable options.

??? Really?? I didn't see where the OP mentioned anything about travel time and cost.....The Ferry to Hamilton is pretty quick.....

??? Really?? I didn't see where the OP mentioned anything about travel time and cost.....The Ferry to Hamilton is pretty quick.....

Prior to your post, the OP said: "The Frog and Onion website said $5 for 30 minutes. Not long enough to do my homework!"

So...if 30 minutes isn't long enough for the OP, recommending the library, which requires a ferry ride in each direction, a walk from the ferry and back in Hamilton...at a cost of $8 for two ferry tokens to get a maximum of 30 minutes free internet time, doesn't seem to make any sense, does it? The same inadequate 30 minutes would cost only $5 at Frog and Onion, with no travel required.

only somewhat related to the post. the first time we sailed to bermuda i checked my aol account at the post office in st. georges. didn't know that the kiosk had sound, so when "you've got mail" came at me at about 1000 decibles i screamed and jumped. not worth it for a few spams. now i just let it all build up till i get back home.

We sailed to Bermuda in late August and found the following places that offer different internet access options:

The tiny post office in St. George has a terminal, 10 minutes max, but out of service.

At the dockyard, there is a place called International Connection which offers internet access for a fee. It's $5 for 30 minutes and you can buy as much minutes as you want. Great support and service from the owner Christian. The signal was strong enough that I was able to use my laptop on the Summit. They also offer long distance call option.

Just wanting to clarify does this location have computers too or do they just have the internet connection, if you bring your own?

I'd prefer not to lug my lap top if I don't have to.

Just wanting to clarify does this location have computers too or do they just have the internet connection, if you bring your own?

I'd prefer not to lug my lap top if I don't have to.

I don't recall seeing any computers available. However, if you just want to quickly do some email checking, I am sure the owner is willing to lend you his laptop.

If you are dock at the Dockyard, chances are you can access your account from your ship.

we were in Bermuda in July. I was able to sit outside the library in Hamilton and in the nearby park area and use free WiFi for my iPad. Also on Front street there was a small mall area (just opposite where the Veendam docks)....lots of folks sit inside with laptops and iPads.

Just returned. bought 60 minutes for $10.00 through international connections.. I ask the stewards what they did and this is the answer I got. It is an office just behind Fort on 2nd floor and they have comuters you can use and the price is the same.( I was told). I used my Nook (e-reader) and sat on the promenade deck and had no problem.:)

Not a direct answer to the specific question, but...

Docked in Hamilton, I picked up something called Island Wifi (network name HamltionWifi6 or 9) that sold eight hours for $5 and worked about half the time.

Not a direct answer to the specific question, but...

Docked in Hamilton, I picked up something called Island Wifi (network name HamltionWifi6 or 9) that sold eight hours for $5 and worked about half the time.

So that's like 4 hours for $5... not bad, but annoying when it is not working.

can you pick it up from the ship?

No, the signal was too weak.

We did also buy $5 for 30 minutes from Internationally Connected and could sit on the Promenade deck of our ship and use it with no problem.

Archived