Train Ride in Ushuaia - Tierra Del Fuego NP

suncityga

We are looking to do a private tour in Ushuaia of Tierra Del Fuego National Park and the Lakes District, it also includes the option of doing a train ride for about US$12 per person. Has anyone done this train ride? Is it a worthwhile option? We would appreciate any info you can provide.

Thank you.

I didn't take the train but saw it. Looked very small, like one of the trains in Disneyland. Station is outside the national park. I see you're already going into the park. Taking the train would be for the fun of riding it. I don't believe you'd see scenery you wouldn't already see on your tour into the park. I wouldn't do it, but I believe I have seen posts from people who did enjoy the train.

I had extra time in Ushuaia (long story) so took a public bus into the park and walked around. I also took a long tour, using bus and Zodiac boat, to go onto the penguin island east of the city (the boat tours dock offshore the island and you view from the boat), but I don't think most cruise ships stop in Ushuaia stop long enough for that tour. Ushuaia itself is picturesque. I did not go to the "lake disrict."

Did it a few back when we went to Antarctica. It is supposed to represent the train the prisoners took out to clear the land when it was a penal colony. Cars are very samll and not that comfortable.

Not a lot to see. We didn't feel it was worth it,but that is our opinion

We are looking to do a private tour in Ushuaia of Tierra Del Fuego National Park and the Lakes District, it also includes the option of doing a train ride for about US$12 per person. Has anyone done this train ride? Is it a worthwhile option? We would appreciate any info you can provide.

Thank you.

We did the train ride into Terra del Fuego National Park a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Didn't think train was uncomfortable at all. We were able to get off the train 3 or 4 times during the route and walk around the area. There are wild horses that roam the area that are gorgeous! The scenery is beautiful. Don't know what you'll see during your private tour but my feeling is, do it all... how many times will you be back there.

Archived