SF docking time/Golden Gate

AZDENNY

Doing the coastal cruise on 3/24/12 and we dock according to schedule at 7am. Anyone know what time the ship might pass under the golden gate on way in. I want to make sure I am up on deck as we do.
I have been watching the Sea Princess Bridge Cam when it has been returning and it usually passes under the gate at around 6:00 AM. Actually, I would start monitoring the bridge cam on you room tv around 5:30 AM. Good luck.

No, but there will probably something in the Patter about it. The bridge is not far from the dock. Remember ships sometimes dock early so you might dock earlier than 7:00 a.m. If it were me, I would plan on getting up about 5:30 a.m. to make sure. You will also sail under the bridge on the way out in the evening so you can see it then if you should miss it in the morning.

Doing the coastal cruise on 3/24/12 and we dock according to schedule at 7am. Anyone know what time the ship might pass under the golden gate on way in. I want to make sure I am up on deck as we do.

When we were on the Sea Princess last year, we docked at 7am... we passed under the Golden Gate at around 5:30ish... Be prepared, it'll be cold, foggy and possibly rainy.

4854498003_f178db3717_z.jpg

Passing under the Golden Gate by RickEk, on Flickr

In SF on Sapphire Princess today. Docking scheduled at 8, went under the bridge at 6:50. Still on board at 10:40 waiting for stragglers to be rounded up for immigration!

On board here too. They actually had to cancel the Alcatraz shore excursion I was supposed to be on due to the delay causing them to miss the scheduled ferry at 11 (they finally started letting people off the ship around 11:15 or so.)

Archived