celebrity dress code - informal?

nutty nurse gladys

hi everyone, new to the forum but not new to cruising. done many many cruises but never Celebrity, which is the next planned one. My question is in relation to the dress code - we are familiar with formal and casual but understand that Celebrity also have and informal where gents require jackets? is this like they used to do on princess does anyone know? do they stick by the need for jackets for men? conscious of weight restrictions in the flight luggage and if he has to have a jacket then i have to lose at least 2 pairs of shoes! appreciate some guidance here.:rolleyes:

hi everyone, new to the forum but not new to cruising. done many many cruises but never Celebrity, which is the next planned one. My question is in relation to the dress code - we are familiar with formal and casual but understand that Celebrity also have and informal where gents require jackets? is this like they used to do on princess does anyone know? do they stick by the need for jackets for men? conscious of weight restrictions in the flight luggage and if he has to have a jacket then i have to lose at least 2 pairs of shoes! appreciate some guidance here.:rolleyes:

Celebrity how has only formal and "smart casual" nights when no jacket is suggested.

Celebrity how has only formal and "smart casual" nights when no jacket is suggested.

Except, on at least some cruises, they have created "cocktail" attire or something along those lines. It is intended to be a middle ground between "smart casual" and "formal", with formal being "optional" on these nights. I don't think this is a fleet-wide designation, but it appeared on my recent Med. cruise and I've read other cruisers comment about it. Sorry to add to people's confusion re: dress code. :confused:

Except, on at least some cruises, they have created "cocktail" attire or something along those lines. It is intended to be a middle ground between "smart casual" and "formal", with formal being "optional" on these nights. I don't think this is a fleet-wide designation, but it appeared on my recent Med. cruise and I've read other cruisers comment about it. Sorry to add to people's confusion re: dress code. :confused:

That is not the case there are only two dress codes, has been that way for several years.

The OP is on the UK website which for some reason still shows the old dress codes.

wow speedy reply or what, fantastic. I wonder then why they still say the 3 dress codes on their website?:p

If you can go to the US web site, they have had two dress codes for a few years now and for some unknown reason this pops up every once in awhile because it is still on the UK web site.

Here is a link...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?ICID=Cel_11Q2_web_hp_body_Dining_US&pagename=onboard_dining&tab=onboard_proper_dining_attire_tab

Use caution as there are a lot of mistakes on their web site.

We were on the Equinox earlier this month, and having checked the UK website and the brochure planned for formal, informal and casual dinners. This meant DH packing his dinner suit and another less formal suit.

You can imagine how happy he was to discover that there was only formal and casual dress required.:rolleyes: I didn't mind so much given I had taken too many dresses anyway:)

This rumor seems to be getting more and more frequent. I'm not sure if that's all it is - a rumor - or if X is actually starting to have "optional" formal nights.

Does anyone have actual evidence of this? Maybe a copy of a Daily stating that formal night is optional?

I don't think that's what she said. They are talking about three dress codes like there used to be.

Okay, maybe I mis-understood. Although the poster mentioned that it happened on their "recent Med. cruise". I guess it depends on how recent he/she is talking about - since the semi-formal dress code (or whatever it was called) hasn't been around for a few years now, right?

This rumor seems to be getting more and more frequent. I'm not sure if that's all it is - a rumor - or if X is actually starting to have "optional" formal nights.

Does anyone have actual evidence of this? Maybe a copy of a Daily stating that formal night is optional?

Happened on the Century the week after Lois sailed her to Alaska, it was reported on this board. That is the only time that I remember reading about it.

Okay, maybe I mis-understood. Although the poster mentioned that it happened on their "recent Med. cruise". I guess it depends on how recent he/she is talking about - since the semi-formal dress code (or whatever it was called) hasn't been around for a few years now, right?

Semi-Formal has seemed to have merged with formal.Who knows what happening with dress codes.Seems they are becoming less formal but a fe years from now they could become more formal.

Everything goes in circles.Jeans were in style in the 70's ,went out and now they are back.Tattoos were popular in WW2.I ,not so in the 70's and now they are back.

I can't say that there hasn't been some cruise where a 3rd dress code was used...I can say that there definitely was only smart casual and formal dress codes on the 8/29/11 Equinox sailing.

Archived