San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Hey Beav, looks like there's lots of interest, but little coordination!:D So far the 14th isn't looking so good, and you're right, maybe I should spend that time packing and looking for that last fashion accessory for my trip.

I'm around this Saturday during the day (Ed's going into the office, so I get a day of rest with the dog!) so let me know if you want to try to meet, and we can let others know here if we find a good time/place.

Andrew

Both my partner and I are free this Saturday and can meet any and all! How about Starbucks @ Countrywood around 11:00am ???

Beav, sounds like a plan. Anyone who's interested and needs details, ie where is Countrywood?, post your questions here.

Beav, will you guys be wearing "festive cruiseship-themed bonnets," or is there an easier way for us to recognize eachother? :D

Oh I like you already, Blaze!

We first caught that QE2 episode last year when we were sailing Crystal Harmony to Alaska. They were playing it on the cabin TV while we were dressing for the first formal night. Thankfully they replayed it throughout the cruise, otherwise we would have been late for the Captain's Welcome Aboard party! (just like Hyacinth herself!!)

Have the QE2 episode on tape!!!! We even had friends in Orinda have a cocktail party for their "newly fitted out" kitchen with a Hyacinth Bucket theme.

And for those of you in the City, yes, this is how we entertain ourselves in the 'burbs! Scarry, huh?:D

Have the QE2 episode on tape!!!! We even had friends in Orinda have a cocktail party for their "newly fitted out" kitchen with a Hyacinth Bucket theme.

And for those of you in the City, yes, this is how we entertain ourselves in the 'burbs! Scarry, huh?:D

We do too! Ran out and bought the DVD set after seeing that QE2 episode! Had to have it at home for those late night Hyacinth cravings....

Let me know next time your Orinda friends throw a Hyacinth soiree...I'll do anything to get on the guest list! I'll even bring Sheridan !!

Ralph hasn't been very mobile lately (long story), but I'll try to make it (unless you come looking like that picture, Brian! ;)) . Our friend Larry might want to join us...he lives in Sunset Gardens (across Bancroft from Countrywood) and was on the Sun Princess repo cruise last May. Will your wonderdog Hubble be joining us Blazer Boy? :D

Beav, will you guys be wearing "festive cruiseship-themed bonnets," or is there an easier way for us to recognize eachother? :D

I believe we have a picture of Beav and Beau .......you won't be able to miss them .........

Wish we could join you for coffee as well .........Ah, San Francisco in the 70's ..........such memories............

Dave

Ralph hasn't been very mobile lately (long story), but I'll try to make it (unless you come looking like that picture, Brian! ;)) . Our friend Larry might want to join us...he lives in Sunset Gardens (across Bancroft from Countrywood) and was on the Sun Princess repo cruise last May. Will your wonderdog Hubble be joining us Blazer Boy? :D

Ted,

Glad you can make it. Hope Larry can too. The more the merrier.....

Yeah, I was thinking about bringing Hubble- might be the easiest way to find eachother. (there's a picture of the two of us in my profile) I'll wear my Welsh Corgi hat, and drive over in my station wagon with the Welsh Corgi lic. plates- do you sense an obsession here?:o

Ab Fab is wonderful, but the "French and Saunders" tapes are a SCREAM! And Channel 10 (KTEH) is re-running "To the Manor Born," another Brit. fav.

Sounds good Blazerboy....

A good friend of ours in Concord has two Welsh Corgis......"Sumo" and "Sarah". You're in good company!

Between your suburban "psycho cell phone soccer mom" station wagon, Hubble, and our festive bonnets, I doubt we'll have trouble spotting one another. Besides, we sailed w/Ted & Ralph on Princess in 2002, so we can easily spot Ted amongst a crowd of suburbanite coffee crazed Starbuckians.

Just one question.....who's bringing the Royal Doulton hand-painted periwinkle china?

And, yes, DESTCRZ, the WC is pretty great-for suburbia... we just went to Gordon Drysdale's latest cullinary effort in the burbs (Layfayette), Pizza Antica, and it was great!!!! Andrew

Blazerboy,

Between this thread and the Oceania one, this World just gets smaller and smaller! Tim Stannard, one of the co-owners of Pizza Antica was on our "food and wine" theme cruise on Crystal Harmony last summer. Before we sailed, we drove over to The Village Pub in Woodside for dinner, where Tim was co-owner there as well! We met Tim that evening, and I recall him talking about opening an upscale pizza joint in Lafayette! SMALL WORLD! Thanks for jarring my memory from last year....I had forgotten to watch out for his new venture. We'll have to add it to our list of places to try out!

And I bet we know people from the Harmony, too. There's a devoted band that we met in the early '90's on a few trips on the Harmony, and have seen some of them a few years ago on the Symphony, and last year on Princess, but their loyalty is to the Harmony! Question: Are you a turtle? (if you know the answer, you know my friends!)

"I'll wear my Welsh Corgi hat, and drive over in my station wagon with the Welsh Corgi lic. plates- do you sense an obsession here? "

My partner and I have two Welsh Corgis here in SF! What great dogs!

Yeah, they are. Great Grandparents had 'em, Grandparents had 'em, Parents had 'em, Oldest Brother had 'em; it's sort of in the blood.

But, Digby, if we don't watch out, someone's going to make us march in the Pride parade as a group like they do in Seattle: "Queens with Corgis":D

And I bet we know people from the Harmony, too. There's a devoted band that we met in the early '90's on a few trips on the Harmony, and have seen some of them a few years ago on the Symphony, and last year on Princess, but their loyalty is to the Harmony! Question: Are you a turtle? (if you know the answer, you know my friends!)

Oops, I guess the buck stops here...no turtles for me!

A "few" trips on the Harmony in the early 90's, huh?

DESTCRZ (THE WC wannabe from West Virginia) and partner took a "few" trips on Harmony early 90's too! Sure you guys aren't old sailing buddies? (or sailing sisters, I should say??)

Cruise Critic Contra Costa Coffee Clatch Club update.....

Some new friends, Tim & Doug, will be joining us as well on Saturday. Yes, two more WCreeker's. Tim's handle here at CC is "TJINWC".

Yep, my favorite episode of that show is when Hyacynth (sp?) goes on the QE2. I also like Onslow's line after he's invited to dine with the captain about "having to eat with the help!":D

OK, I may get my Q card pulled for asking this, but what show are you all referring to? :confused:

-Ted

OK, I may get my Q card pulled for asking this, but what show are you all referring to? :confused:

-Ted

Oh my, a Hyacinth virgin in our midst! We'll be gentle and won't recall your Q card, Ted, but just for that you'll have to bring the Royal Doulton's to Starbucks on Saturday! We certainly can't drink out of PAPER cups!

http://www.tvheaven.ca/kup.htm

http://www.tvtome.com/KeepingUpAppearances/

Happy surfing, and discover your "inner Hyacinth" Ted !!!

Hello everyone:

We ran across this thread and wanted to make Beav's world even smaller.

We are Les and David and live in the CITY. Wish we could join the group in Walnut Creek (somewhere by Nevada, right?) this weekend, but can't make it. We sail on Mercury on Wed, May 4 and Saturday is haircuts and packing day!

Hope to join another meeting in the future.

I do hope you are all wearing "proper" cruise-talk attire at Starbucks, or "the lady of the house" will frankly be appalled! ... "Oh Richard"!

Les