Carry on wine size

pidds2

They have been strict in the past about having 750 ml bottles.

I would ask on the Carnival forum not CC and get a Carnival rep to answer and keep the answer in writing in case the port rep decides to enforce it as they see fit. Iv run into these port folks who get swelled heads or whatever and make up rules and enforce them to show their power or whatever.

here is a link to their forum in case you dont have it handy.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

Well, I have seen it go both ways, as much as I hate to say it, I think it really depends on the screener that is checking your bags. I have seen them take an extra bottle and take a bigger bottle and I have seen people walk right through.

They are not supposed to let you through with anymore than 1 750ml per adult, if you bring a bigger bottle, don't get upset if they do take it.

The screeners can be real idiots if they care to be. We've had some that really made me just want to go home rather than live through their crappy day that they wanted to bring to work and explode on people they never met, just cause we are going on vacation and they are working or whatever they want to call what they do there doesn't give them the right to bring me down to there unhappy level.

It is hit or miss whether you get it through - the screeners are not Carnival employees, they are port employees and it doesn't matter what Carnival says about the size - if 750 is stated size then they can and will take it. That being said, I have taken a 1.5 through but that was for 2 of us. If you want to chance it just be prepared that you may lose it or not - depending on their mood.

Archived