when will rest of 2013 schedule arrive?

silvercruiser

Now that we've seen the hype on the new Royal Princess I'm anxious to see where it'll be sailing.

I'm taking odds on late-April to early May with the initial cruises sailing in Europe and a trans-atlantic in the Fall. Anyone out there ever make a maiden voyage of a new ship? Was everything working and open for business? I suspect the rest of the 2013 schedule will be available in January to February 2012 but you might get lucky with inside info from the future cruise sales people on sailings between now and 1 January.

I'm taking odds on late-April to early May with the initial cruises sailing in Europe and a trans-atlantic in the Fall. Anyone out there ever make a maiden voyage of a new ship? Was everything working and open for business? I suspect the rest of the 2013 schedule will be available in January to February 2012 but you might get lucky with inside info from the future cruise sales people on sailings between now and 1 January.

We we were on the Ruby's inaugural cruise. Everything was wonderful. Everything was open and everything worked. Looking forward to the Royal. Probably won't do the inaugural, but definitely looking to do the transatlantic.

We were on the first cruise on the Grand Princess in l998 -- did not plan on it, we were suppose to be on the 3rd cruise not the 1st. Ship was delivered late.

Ship did a 12 night from Istanbul to Barcelona. We had a great time over all. But there were some draw backs since it was a new class of ship. MDR did not look like they had finished the decor. They were still carpeting areas when we boarded in Istanbul.

The Captain welcome aboard party was held around the pool area, it was not nearly as nice as the "Press Party" that was held while in Istanbul in the disco (we crashed it accidently exploring the ship).

The MDR team had a lot to learn it takes time to develop team work with a new crew. After that cruise we have decided to wait til a new ship is in service at least 3-6 months. That gives the team time to get their act together.

New ships are fun -- we have enjoyed a lot of them after they have been service at few months to a year. We are waiting to see the itinearies for the new Royal Princess. We have cruised on the two old Royal Princess ships and enjoyed them very much.

Archived