Celebrity Land and Cruise Tours - Fairbanks

reklawr

As someone who has cruised on Celebrity and also lives in Fairbanks I also was interested in what hotels Celebrity uses in my hometown.

My husband flies frequently on business and during the summer of 2010 on one of the many times I was picking him up at Fairbanks International Airport I looked at the information posted on the Celebrity desk opposite the baggage carousels. While they meet folks who have purchased transfers, they also have a list of tour numbers and the hotel used for that specific tour posted on their information desk.

In 2010 they used more than one hotel. If my memory is correct that summer Celebrity used Pikes Waterfront Lodge (http://www.pikeslodge.com) and two of the Fountainhead Hotels (http://www.fountainheadhotels.com). The two Fountainhead properties I remember on the list were the Sophie Station Hotel and the Wedgewood Resort. While I think I remember the above information correctly I am a little fuzzy in my memory as to whether they also used the River's Edge Resort (http://www.riversedge.net).

The Pikes Waterfront Lodge parking lot is visible while driving to the Fairbanks Airport. This past summer when driving to the airport late in the evening or early in the morning there were always tour busses in that parking lot. I wasn't paying close attention but it seems to me that they were Royal Celebrity busses in that lot.

This really isn't the answer you were seeking, but at least you have some possible ideas.

Funny you should ask this question. We are going on CruiseTour #13 next June and have a friend who is going on their own land portion before the cruise. They asked where we would be staying and were amazed when I told them I had no idea what hotel we would be staying at for any of the land portion. I know where they are staying, so hopefully they will be within walking distance of where ever Celebrity puts us. If not...oh well, we'll see them on the ship!:D

What hotel does Celebrity use in Fairbanks Alaska? I want to go out one day early for our 5 day pre cruise.

At some point you should receive an itinerary that tells you the hotels you will be staying at, at least we did on Holland America Cruisetour.

Funny you should ask this question. We are going on CruiseTour #13 next June and have a friend who is going on their own land portion before the cruise. They asked where we would be staying and were amazed when I told them I had no idea what hotel we would be staying at for any of the land portion. I know where they are staying, so hopefully they will be within walking distance of where ever Celebrity puts us. If not...oh well, we'll see them on the ship!:D

When we were at Wedgewood last year, they had a free shuttle that looped through town & stopped at other hotels as well as the grocery store, the university, etc. It wasn't direct from point A to point B, but it would get you to the other hotel if you didn't mind a few stops. We didn't-we treated it as a tour of the city!

When we were at Wedgewood last year, they had a free shuttle that looped through town & stopped at other hotels as well as the grocery store, the university, etc. It wasn't direct from point A to point B, but it would get you to the other hotel if you didn't mind a few stops. We didn't-we treated it as a tour of the city!

Great! Thanks - I didn't know about the shuttle. That will help a lot!

Archived