Alcholic Beverage Package

delphina1

Hi All,

I will be on the Silhouette next year. I was wondering if anyone knows how the all inclusive beverage package works. It is 500 pp and it says no sharing. If I wanted to get two drinks at once am I able to do that?

Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge of this.

Thanks!!

When you order a drink you give the waiter your seapass. If you have beverage package they just write down your number on a tablet and you do not have to sign for anything. They return your seapass to you. So you cannot order two drinks on your beverage package at the same time. O, i guess you could quickly drink it or run to another bar or find another waiter and order another drink that you want to give to someone else.

If you don't have a beverage package, you give your seapass to waiter, they return with a receipt that shows price of drink/s and gratuity and another line for additional tip. You sign it and it goes on your seapass account.

On my recent Equinox cruise, lots of folks had beverage packages who were drinking in the Sunset bar. The list was long with stateroom numbers on a tablet they kept at the bar.

I think Darcie's point is the one to emphasize. I have used my card to get a drink and a shot at the same time, and there was no problem. I've also ordered a nightcap and asked for a soda to take back to the cabin - again, no issue.

But if you ordered a rum and coke and a vodka tonic at the same time (or even two of the same drink) - no, it's probably not going to happen. It's about what looks suspect and that you are ordering for two different people.

I also want to add that if two people have the package, such as husband and wife, only one has to go to the bar with both cards and can get two drinks. Also while we were in the MDR for dinner they would give us several drinks, such as San Pelligrino water, wine, martini, soda, etc. That didn't limit it to only one at a time. In fact when we ordered wine, they would even bring the bottle and sit it by the table to top off our drinks. It's a great deal and we are getting it again for December. I think the one at a time rule is geared mainly for the bar area to prevent sharing. Your card is swiped, even though there's no signing, so they can keep a running tab on what you drink. On your final bill you will see all drinks that you had with a 0 charge next to them.

You can also stop and get a bottle of water on the way off the ship in port or on the way to your cabin you can stop and get a drink to take with you. very convenient.

I also should add that many posters have written that the staff is trained to watch for sharing. So, even if you only order 1 drink, you can't turn around and give it to someone else. If the staff sees this, apparently they come over and chastize you. One poster wrote that he was embarrassed in front of friends because he gave his wife "a sip". It seems Celebrity takes the "no sharing" rule quite seriously.

I found it depends on the venue and the staff as to whether or not you're allowed two drinks at once. I never tried to order two alcoholic drinks at once, but in the buffet at breakfast I tried to order a Fresh Squeezed OJ and a bottle of water at the same time and was told no. Yet in the dining room at dinner the staff had no problem with me ordering a glass of wine and a bottle of water at the same time.

I think Darcie's point is the one to emphasize. I have used my card to get a drink and a shot at the same time, and there was no problem. I've also ordered a nightcap and asked for a soda to take back to the cabin - again, no issue.

But if you ordered a rum and coke and a vodka tonic at the same time (or even two of the same drink) - no, it's probably not going to happen. It's about what looks suspect and that you are ordering for two different people.

On my recent Equinox cruise, when asking nicely bartenders had no issue with providing me a water/soda/etc. as well as an alcoholic drink (or in the mornings some combination of coffee/juice/smoothie/water/bloody mary). However, I think some of that was that I tended to see the same bartenders and did tip them (above the tip included in the premium beverage package) regularly. I saw some of these same bartenders tell other people that they could only sell them one drink, sometimes presenting it as a warning but letting them have both, and sometimes having them choose which drink they wanted. So while it worked fine for MattInFLL and myself, I would also caution that YMMV.

Archived