NCL Costa Maya Beach Getaway

livnowensmom

does anyone know which beach this is when booking through NCL, it only says "Costa Maya's Most Popular Beach" which is very subjective!!

Sounds like Pez Quadro or Tequila Beach. But a ship excursion you might not know until you get there. I don't think Nohoch Kaye works with Cruise ships directly, just independent providers of via FB. And Maya Chan and Maya Gardens (north of CM) work strictly off their own internet sites. Outside shot it could be Tropicante.

I was also wondering what beach the NCL excursion took you to. I noticed that the most recent reviews on NCL's website stated that the beach had very little shade and that food was NOT included. Keep in mind the most recent reviews are from 2010, so not sure if the beach has changed since then - one poster wrote that they took, "... A very long ride in an air conditioned bus through depressingly poor countyside..." to get to the beach.

For $49 you can find other, closer, beach resorts that will include food and drinks all day (and umbrellas). Just wanted to point that in case it makes a difference in your decision. :D

Sounds like Pez Quadro or Tequila Beach. But a ship excursion you might not know until you get there. I don't think Nohoch Kaye works with Cruise ships directly, just independent providers of via FB. And Maya Chan and Maya Gardens (north of CM) work strictly off their own internet sites. Outside shot it could be Tropicante.

Great, thanks for the info.. I kind of thought it was very generic just so they can put you where they put you!! Not sure that I would want to pre pay for something that I didnt know where they were going to take us. I will call NCL directly also to see what they say, but I think we might just "wing it"

I was also wondering what beach the NCL excursion took you to. I noticed that the most recent reviews on NCL's website stated that the beach had very little shade and that food was NOT included. Keep in mind the most recent reviews are from 2010, so not sure if the beach has changed since then - one poster wrote that they took, "... A very long ride in an air conditioned bus through depressingly poor countyside..." to get to the beach.

For $49 you can find other, closer, beach resorts that will include food and drinks all day (and umbrellas). Just wanted to point that in case it makes a difference in your decision. :D

definitely does make a difference. thanks!!:)

There are several beach clubs in Mahahual and it appears that the one in the photo could fit the bill for any club, depending on who has the contract at that particular time. They have purposely not shown any details. Unless you are traveling during a day when there are a lot of ships in town, it is safe to assume you can find a beach club you like the look of - check out the amenities they offer and go for it. In Mahahual itself, the beach is pretty much the same all along the Malecon, and all calm and sandy. I live in the area, own Mayan Beach Garden Inn, so I know most of the clubs and like to help them out. I'm located north of Mahahual about 20 km, so we are a bit out of the way and not near the town.

looked into it, the Owner says its a 5 minute taxi ride..they will reserve chairs for you at no charge, there is a link on the website. Going to give it a try but it looks great!:)

What website did you look at? Thanks.

May I suggest Maya Chan for a very nice relaxing day. Everyone on cc recommended to me and we were not disappointed. The staff there are WONDERFUL. You can't beat the price which includes your taxi ride to and from the port, all the food, appetizers and drinks (alcoholic and non) that you can consume. They have a snorkeling tour out to the reefs, glass bottom canoes, bikes, sand golf tournament for fun, blow up chairs that have drink holders in them to just float and relax. Then...each family gets their own private palpaya which ours included a bed, 3 chairs and a hammock. This place was amazing!

Here's a link if interested in my review from last month along with a link to pictures I took while there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30654861&postcount=12

Link to pictures: IMG_5028-600x450.jpg

Archived