Has anyone priced / purchased an Ipad in St. Maarten?

stones902

Has anyone ever priced or purchased an Ipad in St. Maarten? If so, was the price comparable to those back home?

Thanks in advance for your replies? I am trying to determine if it is worth waiting for our trip or just buying stateside.

Unless it's a knock-off, I'm going to guess the same $ or maybe a bit more since shipping costs are higher. You might save on sales taxes. But you'll have to declare it and depending on other purchases you might have some import duties to pay once you return.

Has anyone ever priced or purchased an Ipad in St. Maarten? If so, was the price comparable to those back home?

Thanks in advance for your replies? I am trying to determine if it is worth waiting for our trip or just buying stateside.

Better to buy at St. Thomas in order to get US warranty.

Unless it's a knock-off, I'm going to guess the same $ or maybe a bit more since shipping costs are higher. You might save on sales taxes. But you'll have to declare it and depending on other purchases you might have some import duties to pay once you return.

Better to buy at St. Thomas in order to get US warranty.

I'm not really expecting a price reduction, in fact, I don't even think Apple would allow it. What I have found on some items is that they dealer will through in an item - perhaps a set of travel speakers, headphones, etc.

Archived