T-shirts at Breakfast and lunch

oskarNZ

Well

First

since last year formal night wear is not enforced in the Speciality rest

and I have wore t shirtd and shorts in Blu for breakfast and dinner in the carribean

and the elite lounge

I have been on Celebrity when the Elite Lounge Hostess absolutely rejected anyone in shorts [including pristine pressed Bermuda shorts], but let in people with [iMO] ratty worn T-shirts. Go Figure:confused: For the record, neither action affected my enjoyment of my drinks, but it did make me wonder.

Thom

I e-mailed Celebrity and ASKED THEM.

I received the response today:

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

T-shirts will be fine in the main dining room during breakfast or lunch but not during dinner hours.

Mr. ******, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Constance Wood

Customer Service Representative

THAT should settle it once and for all...

Good to know. Thanks

The guy in the green needs a man bra. Does that count?

For those who had not seen my earlier picture of the man in the green shirt, here's another view of that MDR brunch buffet customer from our mid June Solstice cruise. Plus, here's another picture from the buffet floor and him at a different angle. Bonus coverage! Clearly some have spoken of desiring "eye-candy". You can judge for yourself. AND, the backwards hat "style" could be another discussion item for these boards on the best way to display ball caps. Lots of "hip" looks and ideas for those who want to shout out "young and exciting".

And, sun glasses, too!! Finally, the green shade of the shirt is matched up to the accents on the hat and with the shoes. Color coordination!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 42,859 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

SolsticeGreenShirtA.jpg

SolsticeGreensShirtD4.jpg

I have been on Celebrity when the Elite Lounge Hostess absolutely rejected anyone in shorts [including pristine pressed Bermuda shorts], but let in people with [iMO] ratty worn T-shirts. Go Figure:confused: For the record, neither action affected my enjoyment of my drinks, but it did make me wonder.

Thom

In my experience, enforcement in the Elite Lounge has been inconsistent at best...

One cruise on Constellation, a woman (around 50 years old, give or take a few and travelling with her elderly mother) was kicked out of the Elite lounge hours at Michael's club for wearing (I can describe this from memory) a black outfit that looked like a dress but was, in fact, (I think they are called) "culottes"...basically, had the bottom been severed so as to hang loose, it would just have been a short black dress...but, since it was, in actuality, two short pant legs, the Celebrity person in charge deemed them to be "shorts"...

Now, in my humble opinion, they were neither overly short nor overly suggestive...and they weren't TOO casual either...actually a very "smart" and attractive outfit...and this wasn't some "too hot to handle" 20-year old...It was just a woman dressed in what looked like an entirely appropriate outfit...

BUT...they said the "rule" was NO SHORTS in the Elite lounge and these were, in their opinion, shorts...So, they kicked her out...

This was a woman with 20+ cruises on Celebrity...and she was INCENSED, to say the least...

She later told us that they told her there were "complaints" by the other guests...

Funny thing was that there weren't many Elite members on this cruise...and nightly, there were only three tables occupied...Our friends and us (3-4 couples), a table clear in the corner of a few "older" couples and this woman and her mother...

I guarantee nobody complained...Certainly no one in our group...and the older folks didn't appear to notice anyone else anyway...and didn't seem the types to complain--especially about this...

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a charge for the buffet?

No extra charge for this brunch buffet. It does get busy as ours was staged on a sea day. My pictures were taken before it got so crowded. Nice set-up and a wide variety of items, offerings, etc.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 45,090 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

We don't wear "t shirts" We wear cotton knit short-sleeved shirts. Some of them are printed, cotton knit short-sleeved shirts.:D

I'm sure you'll look super great!! Much of the earlier comments were more about WHO was wearing what, not the specific item.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 45,090 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived