The Best Dolphin Encounter Excursion

Desertbelle

We will be doing an Eastern/Western Caribbean B2B on the Freedom of the Seas November/December. I am thinking I want to do a dolphin encounter, but I want it to be awesome! I did one a long time ago in Puerto Vallarta and it was great but our actual time with the dolphins was only a few minutes...and I want more!! I saw a video of a dolphin encounter from someone on the Oasis (so I assume it was either an Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary) that looked so much more and better than what I had before. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the responses. I have been searching on line some and one that is appealing to me is in Tortola BVI. It would work in to our cruise plans because we didn't have any plans for St. Thomas.

Has anyone had any experiences in the Tortola program?

My wife and I plus 16 year old son 13 year old daughter and 4 year old daughter did this trip, last year. Simply wonderful, not only encounter but boat ride over. We have been on six cruises, and travel quite often , Well put together,enjoyable and one of our best times.

Thank you for the responses. I have been searching on line some and one that is appealing to me is in Tortola BVI. It would work in to our cruise plans because we didn't have any plans for St. Thomas.

Has anyone had any experiences in the Tortola program?

We swam with the Dolphins in Tortola in March. My 11 yo daughter wanted to do it, I thought it was pretty expensive but I indulged her anyway. WOW! What a blast! Expensive, but worth every minute of it and yes, we bought the photos too! Worth it, worth it, worth it!

As for the ride over...I was a little green when we got there. I swear Mario Andretti was driving that boat!

P.S. You will need a passport for this excurion. You will be going through customs and will have to fill out the declarations (some of you, like my husband, won't think this is a problem as the form always lands in my hands.)

One more thing. If you book with RC your transportation is included. If you book alone you will have to catch a taxi to the public ferry and then another taxi to the Dolphin Experience. Probably worth the extra cost to book with RC this time.

We will be doing an Eastern/Western Caribbean B2B on the Freedom of the Seas November/December. I am thinking I want to do a dolphin encounter, but I want it to be awesome! I did one a long time ago in Puerto Vallarta and it was great but our actual time with the dolphins was only a few minutes...and I want more!! I saw a video of a dolphin encounter from someone on the Oasis (so I assume it was either an Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary) that looked so much more and better than what I had before. Any suggestions?

I did the Dolphine Encounter in Nassau and it was great. In the water a long time and you can buy the CD of your experience. I did! Such great memories.

Did my first cruise in April with wife. We did the Dolphin Experience in Cozumel at Chakanab park. Go to the ports page and you can find a link to their website there. Book directly through them and not through RC, we did this because RC was twice the price. Cab from cruise terminal is about $10 each way. Cab fares from the cruise terminal are all set prices, there is a sign telling everyone how much $$$ to go to the different places in cozuemul.

this was the highlight of our cruise for us.

My teenage children did a dolphin encounter in Cozumel at Chaankanab Park last Novemberand it was wonderful. First of all we booked it on our own online and got the deluxe package at a very fair price. They interacted, did a dorsal swim, and also did a lift off walking on the water.

Archived