Hilton marina fort lauderdale

tine-tine

We are arriving for our cruise the day before and as part of the package are being put up by Celebrity at the Hilton Marina. Anyone with any experience of the rooms Celebrity block book, are they water views, upgrades or bin ends? Should I get my Travel Agent to try to influence the booking on my behalf? Are there shops/restaurants within walking distance for a light meal? We will be arriving about 2030 hrs after travelling from Scotland so probably won't have much chance to explore. So many questions I know but everyone on these pages hold a wealth of information.

How was this hotel ? I have been reading mixed reviews. RCL has us booked in that hotel and I am a little concerned.

Judi

other opinions will vary, but i was disappointed in both the overall cleanliness of the room and grounds, and the lackadaisical attitude of the staff when i had several room maintenance issues (as in the toilet constantly running, a non-functioning TV and a broken handle on the shower.....

some people love it, i wouldn't stay there again....

that said, many people seem to like it.....i preferred the Hyatt pier 66, Renaissance and Embassy Suites....

How was this hotel ? I have been reading mixed reviews. RCL has us booked in that hotel and I am a little concerned.

Judi

Why not shop around for the hotel you want? By booking thru the curiseline you can pay up to twice the rate you can get on your own and you have given up the opportunity to choose the hotel of YOUR choice.

If it's for the transfers..in FLL the cost is minimal by cab. And a lot more efficient!

This hotel is a pert from RCL because we will be on the Majesty from 12/5 -12/9 and then boarding the Oasis 12/10 - 12/17. RCL considers this a B2B, so booked us into the Hilton Marina. This is the only hotel they say they deal with in Fort Lauderdale. We don't have to pay anything for this hotel.

Judi :)

We are arriving for our cruise the day before and as part of the package are being put up by Celebrity at the Hilton Marina. Anyone with any experience of the rooms Celebrity block book, are they water views, upgrades or bin ends? Should I get my Travel Agent to try to influence the booking on my behalf? Are there shops/restaurants within walking distance for a light meal? We will be arriving about 2030 hrs after travelling from Scotland so probably won't have much chance to explore. So many questions I know but everyone on these pages hold a wealth of information.

Hi There,

I don't know when you are travelling, and I would assume you are arriving into Miami.

BUT as someone has said have you considered arranging this yourself.

A cab from Miami to The Hilton would cost about $60 and the rates for the hotel thru November December are $125 per night including tax etc.

That price is for the room and not per person.

If your flight arrives at Fort Lauderdale then the Taxi fare

would be about $20.

I would imagine Celebrity would charge around £150 per person as an add on.

Thank you for all your replies. I am travelling from Glasgow to Newark then down to Ft Lauderdale. I booked early and decided because of weather issues last year and as the cost difference was not huge to book my cruise through the TA and they organised my flights through Celebrity rather than through the airline, this gives me some insurance against cancellations etc. Part of the deal includes them putting you up overnight at a hotel (allegedly free), as they have to fly you out the day before to get you there in time, unfortunately, you are not given a choice of hotels. I have read some negative comments about this hotel and was wondering if anyone had similar booking and were given a dud room or do Celebrity ensure you are given a good room because they don't want complaints? It is only for one night but I don't want a bad start to my trip and it would be great to see the Constellation arriving in dock.

I'll be staying here on Oct 21. I'll try to post some pics. I picked it because of the location on the water taxi route and the price wasn't too bad. I'm also a Hilton hhonors member and I wanted the points. For 25$ I might be upgraded to a suite if it's available. I figured since October is the shoulder season I take a chance.

I stayed at The Hilton Garden on Stirling in March,the day after my cruise. it was adequate, but old. And it wasn't that much cheaper. It included free airport shuttle and breakfast, but my flight was too early to benefit from either.

I'll be staying here on Oct 21. I'll try to post some pics. I picked it because of the location on the water taxi route and the price wasn't too bad. I'm also a Hilton hhonors member and I wanted the points. For 25$ I might be upgraded to a suite if it's available. I figured since October is the shoulder season I take a chance.

I stayed at The Hilton Garden on Stirling in March,the day after my cruise. it was adequate, but old. And it wasn't that much cheaper. It included free airport shuttle and breakfast, but my flight was too early to benefit from either.

I would love to see pics and your thoughts on this hotel.

Thanks

Judi :)

Archived