Embarkation in San Juan

SBthud326

Hello all. We are cruising on the Carnival Victory Dec 4th, and have never cruised out of San Juan before. We are flying in early, and doing an excursion with our favorite group the day of embarkation. We won't get to the port until about 2:30. I know this port is a little different since not everyone is getting off the ship, but will the lines be crazy then? Would it be better to stop and have a drink or 2 before heading to the ship? On previous cruises we've gotten to the port before 11 and been on the ship before noon. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello all. We are cruising on the Carnival Victory Dec 4th, and have never cruised out of San Juan before. We are flying in early, and doing an excursion with our favorite group the day of embarkation. We won't get to the port until about 2:30. I know this port is a little different since not everyone is getting off the ship, but will the lines be crazy then? Would it be better to stop and have a drink or 2 before heading to the ship? On previous cruises we've gotten to the port before 11 and been on the ship before noon. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We have never been on the Victory , this is our first time but have done 3 previous San juan cruises , its no different you can still board by noon. People are off early as they want to fly out or get to there hotels and we have never had problem when we get to the port at 11 and usually walk right on or wait very little and from what I have read the Victory is no different.

We sailed Victory last September (3rd time sailing from San Juan) and actually flew in the same day since we had booked air thru the cruise lines. We didn't arrive at the pier until about 3:00 and the lines were actually much better at that time than when we've boarded in San Juan at 11:30 or so.

When people are still getting off, and new passengers are boarding, it can be a mad house but with embarking later in the afternoon, all the previous passengers were gone. We normally fly to San Juan the day before and arrive around noon but the lineup we encounter then is worse than arriving mid afternoon! :)

Of course it will be fine, I'll be in freaking San Juan boarding a cruise ship! :D I have no problem walking around a bit first before boarding if lines were gonna be atrocious, but sounds like we'll be good. Plus then we'll be able to get on, drop our stuff in our room and get right back off to check out what we didn't cover in OSJ the day before. Thanks for your input!

Archived