Milk available on board

There was a post a couple of weeks ago regarding the availability of whole milk on board and it was posted that even if only 2% or skim are out there, you just have to ask for whole milk. Unfortunately on our recent Miracle cruise it wasn't that simple. Neither the lido or MDR offers whole milk at all. We were told by the lido maitre'd that the only place we could get it is by pouring it out of the gallon containers at the coffee bar either in the lido or the one with the cakes and specialty coffees etc. It wasn't a big deal to fill up the bottles that way, however there was a staff member who said she was giving me the milk on "the sneak" and that she wasn't supposed to give any whole milk to guests because of their overhead expenses/budget. My husband and I felt like milk theives throughout the cruise :eek: geez! We did use the 2% here and there, but for the couple of $ in whole milk our son drank that cruise it shouldn't have been made to feel that we were getting something we weren't supposed to get.

They actually aren't offering whole milk at all, at least on the Miracle. Just for coffee, but not for guests to drink. The girl at the coffee bar said they are told to charge guests who want a cup of whole milk, but we never found out what the charge was. Using 2% wasn't the worst thing and we did, but it was just such an odd thing to experience over something like milk! I posted so that other parents out there with upcoming cruises can request it beforehand if they really want whole milk and don't want to get it the way we did.

Archived