Allure's Spa, Sauna and Steam

CrusingJoe

:DFrom what I can gather...there is a daily charge for the use of the steam and sauna area...it is used by people getting a spa treatment unless you pay the extra charge (not sure how much). Also the steam and saunas are cooed and I understand there is no locker rooms either. I am going on the Allure Nov 13..I will check it out and get back with an update. By the way when are you going on the Allure in November? Looking forward to a great trip.

:DFrom what I can gather...there is a daily charge for the use of the steam and sauna area...it is used by people getting a spa treatment unless you pay the extra charge (not sure how much). Also the steam and saunas are cooed and I understand there is no locker rooms either. I am going on the Allure Nov 13..I will check it out and get back with an update. By the way when are you going on the Allure in November? Looking forward to a great trip.

Were going Nov 27, so I will be looking for all the good info. Have a great cruise and hope to hear from you when you get back.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone with Allure spa facility experience? I always buy the Spa Pass for the duration of the cruise, enjoying steam, sauna, warming beds and quiet. RC has not made the spa very appealing. $30 a day and I have read of people being turned away because it was over crowded! Only 4 warming loungers and I'm not sure if there is even a hot tub in there.

Is it even worth my precious "ship time" to go there?

This is my 8th cruise, first with RC.

Anyone with Allure spa facility experience? I always buy the Spa Pass for the duration of the cruise, enjoying steam, sauna, warming beds and quiet. RC has not made the spa very appealing. $30 a day and I have read of people being turned away because it was over crowded! Only 4 warming loungers and I'm not sure if there is even a hot tub in there.

Is it even worth my precious "ship time" to go there?

This is my 8th cruise, first with RC.

I have been on the Oasis which is set up the same way, and no, I don't think the Persian Garden is setup nicely on the the Oasis class. It is WAY, WAY too small for that size of a ship, and whatsmore has no windows, so there are no views or anything. It's basically a narrow curved area with some tile loungers and a steam and sauna room. No hot tub.

A previous comment was incorrect regarding locker rooms; there are locker rooms, but they are not directly attached to the Persian garden. There are locker rooms with lockers, vanities, toilets, showers, but no steam or saunas.

NCL's ships have the best spa facilities.

I have been on the Oasis which is set up the same way, and no, I don't think the Persian Garden is setup nicely on the the Oasis class. It is WAY, WAY too small for that size of a ship, and whatsmore has no windows, so there are no views or anything. It's basically a narrow curved area with some tile loungers and a steam and sauna room. No hot tub.

A previous comment was incorrect regarding locker rooms; there are locker rooms, but they are not directly attached to the Persian garden. There are locker rooms with lockers, vanities, toilets, showers, but no steam or saunas.

NCL's ships have the best spa facilities.

Are all NCL's spa facilities free?

If you use the gym on the NCL ships it is free, however if you wish to have a sauna and steam afterwards there is a charge of 16 euros to enter the area. Yes an expensive sauna.

Yes, there is a fee for most of NCL's spa area; however, they usually have a

discounted fee for a whole cruise spa acess that's less than the per day charge. The nice thing about them is they have both a coed area AND a single sex area, with plenty of space to lounge around in. With no kids, it can be a peaceful alternative to the main pool area. For comparison sakes, the NCL spas wet areas (steam/sauna, whirlpools, etc) are probably six times the size of the Oasis/Allure persian garden.

Archived