Jewel Vancouver to LA Question

janet_t1

Does anyone know if the Jewel does Vancouver to La every year in September to reposition? I see there is a Sept 22 2012 sailing but I cannot find any information if it will do the same in 2013.

Has anyone done this cruise? It looks good for someone from the east coast,

I would hate to miss out if this is the only one.

Does anyone know if the Jewel does Vancouver to La every year in September to reposition? I see there is a Sept 22 2012 sailing but I cannot find any information if it will do the same in 2013.

Has anyone done this cruise? It looks good for someone from the east coast,

I would hate to miss out if this is the only one.

The past few years it has been different ships doing the repos down to LA, most recently the Star and Pearl. Next year the Jewel and Pearl are doing Alaska so it will be those two ships. The repos are usually mid to late Sept. We did a repo in Sept. on the Star in 2009.

The dates for 2013 are only published through April as of now so you'll have to check back and see at a later time, but my guess is yes, they would have the Sept. repos assuming they do Alaska in 2013. The other thing to note is some of the repos were 7 days and some 6 or even 5 so you really aren't quite sure what they will offer in terms of length. I think I saw the ones in 2012 are max of 6 days. Oh, the repos in the past (IIRC) all leave from Vancouver so you have to figure out how to get there. Flights are typically more into Vancouver so many go into Seattle and take either the bus, Amtrak, or another cruiseline one nighter up to Vancouver.

Thank you so much. We are building a new home this year and already have two cruises planned so I don't want to push my husband ( the financial planner) over the edge, so 2013 would be better. I was hoping to to a Haven suite on the Jewel, the prices are very good.

We have family in Seattle , Napa and LA so this would be great for us, I sure don't want to miss it . 5' 6' days I am not picky.

Archived