Barcelona with teens for 2 days. What is best?

World Gallery

We are booked at Hotel Curious, which is very close to Las Ramblas. We will be in Barcelone2 days post-cruise? What are the things close by that would be appealing to kids ages 11-18? Are there any tour guides that are good with kids? What are the best attractions? is the beach close by?

I don't know much about Barcelona so it is a more difficult place for me to plan out.

Thanks.

We are booked at Hotel Curious, which is very close to Las Ramblas. We will be in Barcelone2 days post-cruise? What are the things close by that would be appealing to kids ages 11-18? Are there any tour guides that are good with kids? What are the best attractions? is the beach close by?

I don't know much about Barcelona so it is a more difficult place for me to plan out.

Thanks.

My view traveling with teen was generally to do what we would do without teens, that is generally take in the historical and cultural sites. However, I always made a point to explain to my children (unless the tour guide did so) the significance of what we were seeing. Our family is one that always had a deep interest in history, and that is a gift you can pass on to your children.

However, you must leave open the occasional option to allow the teens to do something that they really want to do. We were in Italy one year and the three teens wanted to go to a water park instead of the city of Ravenna. They missed a great city, but once in a while it doesn't hurt to go that route.

Barcelona is a fun place with all the Gaudi architecture and history. Not sure what teens would find as more interesting. Perhaps a day at the beach, if you have time. I think they would enjoy the Tapas thing in the early PM.

They will enjoy walking along the Las Ramblas especially in the P.M. when the street performers are there (and La Boqueria Market closes at 8:00pm) probably more than you expect (that age might not care for Tapas but the pizza and Gelato are good ;))..Also opt for one of the HOHO bus tours (we did the red bus) and be sure to hop off at the La Sagrada Familia and if the line isn't too long (our recent one was only a 15 min wait) at least go inside. they'll be amazed and glad they did..Enjoy !!!

Definitely walk Las Ramblas in the late afternoon or evening-it's a lot of fun! As well, they may enjoy walking around the roof of La Pedera (Gaudi building on Passeig de Gracia) - it's very unique and different. They may enjoy shopping at the Desiguel stores too and they are found all over Barcelona. These are youthful clothing stores, I think they originated in Spain but are now through out Europe too. The clothes are funky and a bit different!

I just bet they will love Parc Guell.Do the HOHO bus route...get off if they see something really good.The Gothic Quarter.The 18 yr. old may want to check out some stores and the fashions tend to be ahead of what's to come to the US...male or female.There is the beach area..I like it near the Hotel Arts.Lot's to do and see in 2days...I am sure they will have a blast there.:D

We were in Barcelona for three days (1 pre & 2 post) in August with our two teenage nieces (12 & 17).

Three suggestions:

• Parc Guell (Prior you may want to show them the Cheatah Girls music video that was filmed there)
  • Walking the Ramblas at night
  • The Magic Fountain light show (has to be at night) and then walk down to the mall that use to be a bull ring and take the elevator up to the roof for the view

The beach is about a 6 euro cab ride away, btw.

(the Magic Fountain is in the video too, but during the day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js70ypIfG5U

Good luck!

We were in Barcelona for three days (1 pre & 2 post) in August with our two teenage nieces (12 & 17).

Three suggestions:

• Parc Guell (Prior you may want to show them the Cheatah Girls music video that was filmed there)
  • Walking the Ramblas at night
  • The Magic Fountain light show (has to be at night) and then walk down to the mall that use to be a bull ring and take the elevator up to the roof for the view

The beach is about a 6 euro cab ride away, btw.

(the Magic Fountain is in the video too, but during the day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js70ypIfG5U

Good luck!

This version is in English

Here's a really hot tip for you: http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com/articles/parc-del-laberint-a-maze-ing

We visited here with our teens and found it to be a fantastic oasis in the city. We had a contest, teens vs. parents, to try to reach the center of the hedge maze first. Not only did the teens get there first, but we, the parents, might still be there if the teens had not rescued us and shown us the way out! The park is very easy to reach via metro. Have fun!

Thanks.[/quote

If they like football, then a visit to the Nou Camp stadium is a must

Archived