Show Bookings Oasis

As soon as you can log on the site, pick your shows. You WILL NOT get tickets so you should print off your list. You have to remember which show and what date and time. Your seapass card is scanned. That is your proof you have reservations for the show.

How soon after you book your cruise can you book for the shows?:confused:

We booked through T.A. so can I register on RCCI site to do on line check in?

Yes, you can register on Royal's website and complete the on line check-in, even if you booked thru a TA. Once you log in, click the link that says something like "I don't see my reservation". You can enter your booking details and then have access to online check-in.

How soon after you book your cruise can you book for the shows?:confused: The timing sees to vary for some reason with every cruise. I was told by my TA that shows reservations would be available 45 -60 days from the sail date. Than I read postings on CC stating different day ranges. I started checking daily on RCCl's site at day 100 mark from the sail date and on day 96 I was able to book all my show reservations.

We booked through T.A. so can I register on RCCI site to do on line check in? YES

Happy Cruising !

our October cruise online booking opened up about 60 days from the cruise day. I waited for about half a month after the site opened up cuz I thought my TA would take care of it. When I went to book them myself I managed to book all the show times that we wanted except one.

bookings open 60-90 days before sailing (they open them in 3 month blocks, so it depends upon whether or not your cruise is at the beginning or end of the block).

we started checking about 100 days out, and they actually opened 68 days before the sailing.

When you go online and get set up, when you go to the reserve entertainment screen, even if the shows aren't ready to be booked,( you'll get a message in red telling you that) you will see the " shows at a glance" on the right side of the page. If you look at this or even print it out, you can start to get an idea of which shows you might want, when. We found that some shows were available to book one day and the others not till a few weeks later, so knowing which we wanted ahead of time allowed us to schedule them without overlapping or having to rearrange shows once all the shows were open.

The shows don't open up by day, but by show, so you may see all the ice shows, but none of the comedy shows on the same days till they are all open to book.

Definitely start looking from 100 days since it's quite random when they are ready.

But don't panic! Even if you don't get one, people report that you can book on board on embarkation day or have a good chance of walking in as a standby. My cousin and I booked all our shows the day they were open, but the about 60+ days out her reservation got accidently cancelled ( don't ask:rolleyes:) and she was still able to get exactly all the same shows a few weeks later.

When you go online and get set up, when you go to the reserve entertainment screen, even if the shows aren't ready to be booked,( you'll get a message in red telling you that) you will see the " shows at a glance" on the right side of the page. If you look at this or even print it out, you can start to get an idea of which shows you might want, when. We found that some shows were available to book one day and the others not till a few weeks later, so knowing which we wanted ahead of time allowed us to schedule them without overlapping or having to rearrange shows once all the shows were open.

The shows don't open up by day, but by show, so you may see all the ice shows, but none of the comedy shows on the same days till they are all open to book.

Definitely start looking from 100 days since it's quite random when they are ready.

But don't panic! Even if you don't get one, people report that you can book on board on embarkation day or have a good chance of walking in as a standby. My cousin and I booked all our shows the day they were open, but the about 60+ days out her reservation got accidently cancelled ( don't ask:rolleyes:) and she was still able to get exactly all the same shows a few weeks later.

Thank you very much for this information. My cruise isn't until July but doing the above will help me plan and have something to look forward to LOL

I'll start keeping a look out in March or April for booking the shows.

Are the restaurants the same way? About 30-90 days out?

Thank you.

In our experience the resteraunts, MTD times, spa, drink packages and excursions were all up well before the shows. IMO, I think its because it's revenue- when you book those things, you pay as soon as you book. The longer they have your $, the more $ they make! So I'd start checking for dining and excursions even 6 months before your cruise. I was able to book those in June for our Dec cruise.

That's another reason to use the compasses and show schedule; you will have an idea of which shows so you can book the other things around those.

Good luck- but don't stress- there IS room for everyone so it's not like you would ever be completely out of luck:D

Going on Oasis Dec. 10th sailing and I started booking my "Anytime Dining" about 2 weeks ago. Also available at the same time was the skating show, the specialty dining and the diving show.

The last two days I have finished booking all the rest of the shows.

That would make it approx. 75 days ahead for most of the big shows and approx. 90 days ahead for ATD and the 2 smaller shows.

We only booked our cruise about 5 weeks before sailing and were able to book our shows on line with no problems. The only show we could not reserve was the comedy show. We booked it when we got on board and were able to reserve our first choice.

It is a good idea to print off your schedule, but don't fret if you forget it at home or something because your personal calendar is available on your TV right there in your stateroom. Thank goodness for that because on the last day of the cruise we came back to our cabin at 4:50pm to get ready for our 6pm dinner and checked to see with time we were seeing Frozen in Time that night and SURPRISE.......we were reserved for 5pm!!! We had forgotten all about it! My advice would be to double check your schedule each morning!!! On the first day of the cruise, you get a "Day Planner" so you can jot things down. I wrote it all down but then forgot to look at it! There are so many things to do that it's a great idea to make notes of the things you'd like to do.

We still came home with a list of things we still wanted to do that was bigger than the list of things that we did actually do and we were busy the whole cruise!

ENJOY!

In our experience the resteraunts, MTD times, spa, drink packages and excursions were all up well before the shows. IMO, I think its because it's revenue- when you book those things, you pay as soon as you book. The longer they have your $, the more $ they make! So I'd start checking for dining and excursions even 6 months before your cruise. I was able to book those in June for our Dec cruise.

That's another reason to use the compasses and show schedule; you will have an idea of which shows so you can book the other things around those.

Good luck- but don't stress- there IS room for everyone so it's not like you would ever be completely out of luck:D

Although I'm not the OP, I want to thank you for this information.

My family has decided to do just the Speciality restaurants on the Oasis instead of the MDR. I would love to have the restaurants booked and then work the Shows around them since the kids don't enjoy the shows (18 and 14) and my dh and I will just go to Hairspray, comedy and water (along with extended family coming with us).

Thanks so much!

Although I'm not the OP, I want to thank you for this information.

My family has decided to do just the Speciality restaurants on the Oasis instead of the MDR. I would love to have the restaurants booked and then work the Shows around them since the kids don't enjoy the shows (18 and 14) and my dh and I will just go to Hairspray, comedy and water (along with extended family coming with us).

Thanks so much!

You are welcome!! Hope you have a great trip...my Oasis trip is coming up so we will see if all my planning paid off ;)! I use this technique for all my cruises, even those where I can't book entertainment and I always have a good time because I know ahead of time that I can fit in the stuff we really want to do:D

Archived