Fury watersports vs. Sunset water sports

waterbugohio

Will be in Key West for two full days. Just checking out different tour companies. Does anyone have a preference on which tour company to use??

Fury or Sunset water sports???

Both offer a day long excursion that looks fun. They also both offer individual things to do.

Looking for some comparisions????

Will be in Key West for two full days. Just checking out different tour companies. Does anyone have a preference on which tour company to use??

Both offer a day long excursion that looks fun. They also both offer individual things to do.

It sounds like you are talking about the trip that has jet skis and snorkeling and banana boat and whatever else. If this is the case, I'd also look at Sebago. They do a similar trip, their Power Adventure, but they tend to be less crowded since they don't cater as much to the cruise crowds. The same can be said for Sunset. Personally, I do the Sebago Island T'Ing and Danger Charters all-day trip every time down in Key West, and usually go out one afternoon with the Floridays.

Pjk

Pjk

I've never used Sunset but have used Fury for both parasailing and snorkeling. We had a great experience both times.

Have fun in Key West!

It sounds like you are talking about the trip that has jet skis and snorkeling and banana boat and whatever else. If this is the case, I'd also look at Sebago. They do a similar trip, their Power Adventure, but they tend to be less crowded since they don't cater as much to the cruise crowds. The same can be said for Sunset. Personally, I do the Sebago Island T'Ing and Danger Charters all-day trip every time down in Key West, and usually go out one afternoon with the Floridays.

Pjk

Pjk

Found Sebago online after I posted my question. Called there today and found out that their boat has a maximum capacity of 55 (the others are 100) She also told me that this time of year, they rarely sale full. So could be a tour with just 25-30 people. This is the company we are going to book with. Doing the all day Power Adventure and you get a free sunset cruise for the night before.

Can't wait!!

FWIW If you book on-line you must specify a date for the sunset which is after the Power Adventure, but they are very lenient about this and will allow you to change if you stop in when you are down there. They have a small booth just next to the Schooner Wharf Bar.

Pjk

FWIW If you book on-line you must specify a date for the sunset which is after the Power Adventure, but they are very lenient about this and will allow you to change if you stop in when you are down there. They have a small booth just next to the Schooner Wharf Bar.

Pjk

pjk, yes thanks. I called Sebago and they told me they would do this. The lady on the phone was very nice and even told me that the website would actually allow this, even though it says you can't. The only thing is if for some reason the Power Adventure would be cancelled the next day (bad weather), then you would have to pay regular price for the sunset cruise you did the night before. Which only makes sense.

can't wait!!

That might have been Courtney David. She's very nice and usually about a week before I go down for a vacation I email her and ask her to save be a spot on the Island T'Ing. If they have fewer than 20 people, they use the Pelican, a smaller cat vs the Sebago Cubed which will take up to 40. It's a better trip on the smaller boat.

Pjk

• 8 months later...

We just got back from our cruise and stopped in Key West. I booked a parasailing tour with Fury for myself, husband, and adult son. It was the first time any of us did it and we enjoyed it so much. We would definitely do it again and use them. I booked online so it was cheaper than getting it at the dock, and way cheaper than booking through Royal. We did buy the cd of pictures they took, and they took about 87 pictures for us. For $20, we got a lot of great shots. We also could take our own camera up with us. They let all three of us go at one time, so that made the picture cd much easier. Our dinner table mates used them for the wave runner tour and really liked it also. We're going to try that next time we're down there. If you're going to Key West, Fury Watersports will give you a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

We did a snorkeling trip with them last summer and they were great! We booked through the cruise since we weren't familiar with the company, but we've learned our lesson and will definitely book online next time. I'm hoping to go parasailing with them when we go back to Key West in a couple of weeks. (I'm pretty nervous about this, hopefully I don't chicken out!)

If you book online, do they pick you up or do you have to meet them at their location?

The Majesty, which we were on, was docked right where they are located. It was maybe a 2 min walk. Booking online was really easy, and there was a discount available for doing so. They didn't need to pick us up since it was right there. It really couldn't have been closer. I was terrified about parasailing, but they really put me at ease and it was a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again. Our table mates used them for jet skiing while in Key West and they loved it also. Next time we're there, we're going to book them for that.

I thought only two could go up together...I am excited that you say that three can go. My hubby was planning on staying behind while me and my friend went to parasail! Now all three of us will be doing it!!! : )

• 6 months later...

Good Morning....

I just wanted to take a minute to let you all know what a great time we had on our Jet Ski tour. I had posted prior to our trip a few times asking about the best tour company and such, so figured I would let you know how our day turned out.

We had pre-booked with Fury right before we left for vacation. They offer a discount if you pre-book and we decide to take our chances and to this. I was leary as they stated they do not offer a refund unless cancelled 24 hours in advance. I'm glad it all worked out for us!

We had a port time of 12-8pm so I decided to book the 130pm thinking we could get it done right away and go back clean up and still see some of Key West after our tour. As this was my first time to KW and I guess I did not do enough homework. I was not filimar with having to be customs cleared before debarking the ship. This seemed to take forever. They started this process about 11am and we got in line as soon as we where called to do so. Still it took us forever I'm so glad we where packed and ready to head out as soon and we cleared. I also knew that if we docked at the Outer Mole we would have to trolly into town. I was not expecting this to take as long as it did either. He hoped right on a trolly but seemed the trip downtown took forever. Once we where dropped it took us a bit to get our bearings of where we where and where we needed to go. The streets where PACKED! Though we had only a few blocks to walk it took us about 30 mins to get to the dock. I was sweating bullets!

Once we made it to Fury we went to check in. I admit we where a few mins after our 130 time. Who knew it would take so long to get there! The lady checking us in was kinda snotty we where late but asked the guide if he would wait for us to get ready and he said yes! Another bullet dodged! I do understand her being a bit upset we where late and they are busy, but I thouoght she could of handled it a bit better. We rushed through the paperwork and got ready for our tour as quick as we could. They do offer sunscreen incase you forget yours ( just a little tip I figured I would add).

They sent us down to the dock to join our group of fellow riders. That is where we met Jason our giude for the trip. I instantly liked him. He was super nice and laid back. Once he had us gathered he gave us a few instructions and what to expect then fitted us with life jackets. Once suited up we where assigned our Ski. There where 8 ppl on 4 skis plus our guide on our tour. Our family of 4 had 2 skis my DH and DS (12) rode together and I rode with DS (17). ( I let him drive and and lucky to be here to write this ;)) We where sent to our Skis to get filmiar with them. He gave us some more instructions on how to run them and answered any last minute questions. Soon we where pushed off the dock and our adventure began.

We headed through the marina and inbetween the 2 docked cruise ships. Let me tell you if you have never been in the water next to them you will never truly appericate the size of a cruise ship. Once we where safely through the marina we where off! As I have never been on a jet Ski before when we took off I thought it felt like we where going a million miles per hour when reality was we rode about 30mph the whole trip. He headed to the Gulf side first. We followed our guide for a ways before he had us stop and told us a few things about the area and water. We where also all newbies to jet skis and he could tell we needed some practice so he let us go wild on a bay type area. Wild we went or at least it felt that way riding on the back. I admit I had a few issues not being in control! Once he felt we had a better idea of handling our new rides we where off again.

We took another break and got in the water on a sand bar. He shared a little more about the island with us while we rested. At the sand bar we where joined by another tour from another company. It was about a 10-15 min stop and soon we where back at it. At this point we had crossed over to the Alantic side. The water was not smooth like glass as it was on the other side. We where jumping waves and each others wakes. I had all I could do to hold on. DS being 17 and no fear was having the time of his life! I personally did not care for this side as much - think it was the not being in control part. We would be driving along and all the sudden catching air. I could not walk for 3 days as I used every muscle in my legs to try to hold on.

We took our last little break where he pointed out the Southern most tip to us. We had a ski that was having issues keeping up to us. So he gave us a little more free play time in this area to give the other ski time to catch up and check on them again. I should mention this was a issue our whole trip but he did a great job waiting for them and checking on them. I also have to admit if I was driving I would of been prob further behind than this couple. Maybe it was a good thing to let the speed demon drive me?!? While we where on this little Free Play my son decided to really get on the ski and see what it could do. You know what it can do? It can dump you both in the water if you take turns to quick!!! Jason saw this happen and was over to us before I had a minute to get my bearings. DS pulled himself up in no time flat. Me on the other hand was a little more work. Jason was great to help steady the ski and give advice on how to get back on. It took some work on my part but I made it!

Once we where all gathered back up and had our fill of driving crazy we headed back to the marina. Again riding near the cruise ship from this level is amazing. I was so mad my camera ran out of battery the way in was a great photo op.

Jason helped us get our skis docked back up and gather our life jackets. Once we where all showered off we headed back up the dock to the Fury hut. Jason helped us again gather any bags we left behind in the hut. he also got us back our credit card imprints that where held for damages.

I have to say I think this was the best tour we have ever done on any of our cruises. We all had a great time! We still talk about it and prob always will. We would highly recommend this to others. The Ski's Fury uses are great! They look newer and in good repair. After seeing the other skis when we meet up with the other tour I was confident I made a good choice! We all loved Jason he was a great guide and very willing to help in anyway we needed. He was great to those who could not keep up but let those of us who where enjoy and have some extra fun! I can't say enough good things!

I should also mention before the tour leaves there is a gal who takes pics of you sitting on your ski. She also snaps a shot of us leaving the Marina. When we got back they where availible for sale on the dock. The 2 pic are in a display similar to what you get at the theme park. They also include a pic on a bottle opener key chain and a pic in a viewer key chain ( again like from a theme park). Since we where a family she made sure to take a pic of the 4 of us on the doc and then each ski. So we got 3 pics and the 2 key chains for $20. I'm normally not a person to buy this stuff but we had so much fun I wanted it!

So all in all we had an amazing day and memories that will last a lifetime!

• 1 year later...
pjk, yes thanks. I called Sebago and they told me they would do this. The lady on the phone was very nice and even told me that the website would actually allow this, even though it says you can't. The only thing is if for some reason the Power Adventure would be cancelled the next day (bad weather), then you would have to pay regular price for the sunset cruise you did the night before. Which only makes sense.

can't wait!!

interested in the sebago tour but the time won't work for our port time. has anyone experienced this before? are they able to shorten it

interested in the sebago tour but the time won't work for our port time. has anyone experienced this before? are they able to shorten it

Which tour, but my suspicion is no, they won't shorten any of their tours. But there may be alternatives which fit your time in Key West.

Pjk

• 1 month later...
Which tour, but my suspicion is no, they won't shorten any of their tours. But there may be alternatives which fit your time in Key West.

Pjk

power adventure is perfect except for the time frame. we are there 8-4 ...its a 6 hr tour that starts at 10. looks like we'll have to find another company. i hope i'm able to find something similar (with multiple water power sport activities)

thanks for the reply

• 10 months later...

Wanted to bring this thread back to life - my son and a friend want to do one of the tours during Spring Break in March, but are torn between the Ultimate Adventure with Fury, the Do It All with Sunset, or the Power Adventure with Sebago? They won't be on a cruise, so the time won't be an issue. It is one of their birthday's though, so I wondered if the "free on your birthday" applied to all 3 tours? Thank you!

Fury's deal applies to all or almost all of their trips, including the Ultimate and the new Island Adventure. https://www.furycat.com/key-west/things-to-do-for-birthdays.htm

Sunset seems to be more limited, but includes the Do It All ---> https://www.sunsetwatersportskeywest.com/key-west-special-free-on-your-birthday.html

Sebago doesn't have a birthday deal.

Pjk

Fury's deal applies to all or almost all of their trips, including the Ultimate and the new Island Adventure. https://www.furycat.com/key-west/things-to-do-for-birthdays.htm

Sunset seems to be more limited, but includes the Do It All ---> https://www.sunsetwatersportskeywest.com/key-west-special-free-on-your-birthday.html

Sebago doesn't have a birthday deal.

Pjk

Thanks Peter - I'll send the boys both of your links - they asked me if one was better than the other, but, I don't know if the moderator will let you answer that?

I've only done the Sebago trip, but I'd bet that the Sunset one will be less crowded than Fury simply because it is less well-known. Each of their trips contain some core things but after than there are differences which are listed on the web pages: banana boat and wall climbing, for example. See if any of these make a big difference to your son and his friend.

And BTW, Rum Barrel springs for a free entrée for a birthday, and the Tavern N Town has a free dinner on your birthday.

Pjk