Ladies - ever get a haircut onboard ?

Ykgorbie

We're doing a bit of holidaying before our cruise in November and by the time we board, I will probably be in need of a haircut. Anyone ever get a cut onboard ? Good results ?

I have on last 2 cruise's and they have always been better and cheaper then what I get at home:)

DW has gotten her hair cut on our last 5 cruises.

She has liked every cut on the ship's.

She has a heck of a time finding a stylist here in town that can cut her thick hair and give her the cut she wants.

Basically she now just waits to get it cut inboard. (just had it done last week on the Legend)

Bill

DW has gotten her hair cut on our last 5 cruises.

She has liked every cut on the ship's.

She has a heck of a time finding a stylist here in town that can cut her thick hair and give her the cut she wants.

Basically she now just waits to get it cut inboard. (just had it done last week on the Legend)

Bill

And the cost was?

They have specials - color, cut, style for around $90, but last cruise I just wanted a cut and I think I paid $60, including tip. About twice what I pay at home, but I really needed a cut and the style was very nice.

$90 for cut, style and color is cheaper than just the color at the land based spa!

$60 for just for cut and style is similar to land based prices.

Good to hear that quality is good.

On my last cruise my roomie got a color and cut (I think it had some highlights too) and boy did she look great! Her hair had thinned do to cancer treatments and it really didn't have a true style. When she returned she was a knockout! So go for it and have fun, you might get the best cut of your life.

I had a cut and color once when they had a special of $90 for both (I pay about $165 at home, so this was quite a good deal).

The cut was perfect, but the color, at first, was a disaster! She turned my hair gray. No kidding. It was like ash blond gone really, really wrong. I have no ash or gray in my hair at all naturally and usually highlight light golden blond. It was ridiculous....COMPLETELY gray. She called over the salon manager who said "What? You don't like it?" Ummm....no. Make me blond.

They did, and the end result was quite nice, but I nearly had a heart attack!

I had a cut and color once when they had a special of $90 for both (I pay about $165 at home, so this was quite a good deal).

The cut was perfect, but the color, at first, was a disaster! She turned my hair gray. No kidding. It was like ash blond gone really, really wrong. I have no ash or gray in my hair at all naturally and usually highlight light golden blond. It was ridiculous....COMPLETELY gray. She called over the salon manager who said "What? You don't like it?" Ummm....no. Make me blond.

They did, and the end result was quite nice, but I nearly had a heart attack!

I've seen that strategy at salons before - when things turn out iffy all the stylists come out of the woodwork to fuss over how marvelous it is.

But $90 for a cut style & color is a super deal. Tempting for sure.

My son got his hair cut (not on carnival, but Celebrity) the first day of our cruise because he didn't have time for a haircut before we left on vacation. It was looking a tad scruffy. I wanted him to get his hair cut in miami before we boarded, there were some barber shops & salons close to the hotel & I'm sure it would have cost less. But he didn't get up in time, by the time he was up & ready to leave the hotel it was time to catch the shuttle for the cruise. I think his haircut cost $40. It looked fine at first but grew out terrible, a few weeks later he looked like a bad case of bedhead all day.

$90 for cut, style and color is cheaper than just the color at the land based spa!

$60 for just for cut and style is similar to land based prices.

Good to hear that quality is good.

Ditto that...$90 for color and cut is pretty good IMO. I pay $55 for a haircut here in town.

Archived