Blu/ Suite Questions

EAGLESLOVER

Considering Celebrity for first time. Is dining in Blu available to full Suite passengers? What perks does Celebrity offer to those who book full suites. Thanks for the info

Blu is available to suite guests if there is space available at a charge of $5.00 per person per night.

I have read several reports of suite passengers being unable to dine in Blu. On our last cruise on Eclipse (May 2011) the maitre 'd told us that 230 of 260 Aqua passengers were dining in Blu. It certainly was very busy 7.30pm to 8.30pm.

We book Aqua for the simple reason we wish to dine in Blu, one of the best restaurants at sea IMO.

2 weeks tonight we will be enjoying Blu on Eclipse once again.

Richard

What perks does Celebrity offer to those who book full suites.

I am guessing that by "full suites" you mean Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse Suites but you do not say which ships you are considering. There are published suite perks on the Celebrity website which apply to all suites but there are also discretionary perks given to those in "full suites" depending on the ship, sailing and type of suite.

On M-class ships, you may be offered complimentary dining in a speciality restaurant on the first evening. [On S-class ships, complimentary specialty dining is a published perk.] On any ship, you may have a complimentary bar set up - two bottles of spirits which you can usually swap for the tipple of your choice. You may be given complimentary Captain's Club Elite benefits which include free Internet access, free laundry, breakfast and evening social. The venue of the last two depend on how many Elites are on board.

All of these discretionary perks are more likely to be offered the better the suite you book but all are dependant on the Hotel Director at the time.

Sue

I am guessing that by "full suites" you mean Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse Suites but you do not say which ships you are considering. There are published suite perks on the Celebrity website which apply to all suites but there are also discretionary perks given to those in "full suites" depending on the ship, sailing and type of suite.

On M-class ships, you may be offered complimentary dining in a speciality restaurant on the first evening. [On S-class ships, complimentary specialty dining is a published perk.] On any ship, you may have a complimentary bar set up - two bottles of spirits which you can usually swap for the tipple of your choice. You may be given complimentary Captain's Club Elite benefits which include free Internet access, free laundry, breakfast and evening social. The venue of the last two depend on how many Elites are on board.

All of these discretionary perks are more likely to be offered the better the suite you book but all are dependant on the Hotel Director at the time.

Sue

All suites on Celebrity have the same benefits, the biggest benefit being a butler. I don't know what a full suite is.

I have read several reports of suite passengers being unable to dine in Blu. On our last cruise on Eclipse (May 2011) the maitre 'd told us that 230 of 260 Aqua passengers were dining in Blu. It certainly was very busy 7.30pm to 8.30pm.

We book Aqua for the simple reason we wish to dine in Blu, one of the best restaurants at sea IMO.

2 weeks tonight we will be enjoying Blu on Eclipse once again.

Richard

I am so envious. DH and I have got to wait a few more months before we can enjoy this again!

I've also read that many suite guests HAVE gotten into Blu. Some guests ask their butler to make the arrangements, some have spoken directly to the maitre'd once onboard, while others have gone to Blu and asked to get in on a daily basis (with success). It would appear that it is dependent upon availability (i.e. how many Aqua guests are booked and using the restaurant that day).

In terms of suite benefits you can do a search on Celebrity's website as well as doing a search on Cruise Critic. This should reveal known, and not-so-well-known perks that guests have access to.

All suites on Celebrity have the same benefits, the biggest benefit being a butler. I don't know what a full suite is.

As "suite" stands for "suite of rooms", many people believe "proper" or "full" suites are those with a separate bedroom.

As I said, all suites have the same published benefits [although for speciality dining this varies between M-class and S-class ships]. Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse suites may have additional discretionary benefits.

Sue

On any ship, you may have a complimentary bar set up - two bottles of spirits which you can usually swap for the tipple of your choice.

Sue

Is this for all suites? I've never seen it listed as a benefit, but it would be great.

Suites get 2 comped specialty restaurants -- all suites and entrance to Labadee private beach area and specialty buffet there. Vicki:)

Suite guests on Solstice-Class ships [solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, and Silhouette] are eligible for one or two complimentary dinner depending upon cruise length... Following is the appropriate citation from the Celebrity website...

-----

How do suite guests on Solstice-class ships receive their complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations?

Subject: Specialty Dining

As an added benefit, all Solstice-class suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest Restaurant, and/or Qsine. Suite guests on all Solstice-class ships receive 1 complimentary dining reservation per suite for cruises of seven nights or less, and 2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

-----

As Project_gal noted in a post above, suite guests on Millennium-Class ships may be offered complimentary dining in a specialty restaurant on the first evening... On the Millennium-Class ships [Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, and Summit], it is a discretionary benefit that may or may not be offered at embarkation...

Never heard of a private beach area and specialty buffet available to suite guests when ported at Labadee... Truth told, Celebrity has rarely--if at all--visited Labadee since early 2009 [but there are a handful of Silhouette sailings during the upcoming Caribbean season that will do so]...

Suites get 2 comped specialty restaurants -- all suites and entrance to Labadee private beach area and specialty buffet there. Vicki:)

A couple of minor corrections, suites get 1 comped Speciatly restaurant on S class ships only and two for cruises of 8 days or longer on S class ships only.. In the past those on the other ships have been offered a free specialty restaurant but this is hit and miss, does not happen all the time.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining#onboard_specialty_dining_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_specialty_dining

The Labadee beach area is something on Royal Caribbean and has not been reported to have been used on any Celebrity ship yet.

The Labadee beach area is something on Royal Caribbean and has not been reported to have been used on any Celebrity ship yet.

But Solstice ported at Labadee on a biweekly basis during her inaugural season in the Caribbean [2008/2009]...

Is this for all suites? I've never seen it listed as a benefit, but it would be great.

No, as I said, it is discretionary and MAY be given to those in Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse Suites. The higer the suite, the more likely you are to receive this perk. It was only given to those in a CS on one of the cruises we have been on.

Sue

Never heard of a private beach area and specialty buffet available to suite guests when ported at Labadee... Truth told, Celebrity has rarely--if at all--visited Labadee since early 2009 [but there are a handful of Silhouette sailings during the upcoming Caribbean season that will do so]...

We are waiting to read the reports of these as we shall be stopping at Labadee on Eclipse in 2012.

Sue

Not true we stopped at Labadee on Solstice in January 2010.

Did you use the private beach, with the cabanas and the special buffet....I was referring to the Royal Caribbean suite perk of a special area for suite customers, not the fact that they stopped at Labadee...

Did you use the private beach, with the cabanas and the special buffet....I was referring to the Royal Caribbean suite perk of a special area for suite customers, not the fact that they stopped at Labadee...

Ah, I didn't understand, sorry. I wasn't in a suite so, no, I didn't. There was an area blocked for suites though I do remember that.

It was January 2010 and right after the Haiti earthquake so it was not a good time to be there, we really didn't do much there except buy some stuff from the local artisans. I was uncomfortable being there until I saw how many supplies were being off loaded from the Solstice for the Haitian people.

Archived