Carnival Liberty vs Carnival Valor...anyone??

seguetocaribe

Just curious if anyone has input as to which ship is nicer. Looking at cruises on both - would be happy with either itinerary and prices are about the same. The deciding factor is which ship has nicer common areas (although I guess it's a matter of personal preference). Still, if anyone has anything to say, I'd like to hear!!

We have been fortunate enough to have sailed on both.

Will be on the Liberty again in March - and I can hardly wait. She really is a pretty ship and the staff is fantastic. Liberty is going into dry dock in October. Much speculation and hype over the enhancements being made. We're going to find out more on Monday.

We really enjoyed the Valor as well (in 2008 - our first cruise). The decor is a little more over the top than the Liberty - but we had a fabulous time.

Good luck and happy cruising!

The Liberty cruise that we are thinking of taking is in March as well! (17th)

I'm new to all this and although I have heard the term "dry dock", I'm not really sure what it means. I'm guessing it is the time when the ship is having work done to make improvements...

Thanks for your input!!

I get to try out the Liberty for the first sailing after drydock and I'm SUPER excited....

I've been on the Valor twice and she is by far my favorite ship so far (even nicer than the Dream IMO)

whichever you choose will be amazing though...have fun:)

I just got off the Liberty this past Saturday:((wish I was still there). We sailed on the Valor last October and also in Sept '05. The layout of the ships is pretty much identical. Mostly, only the decor is different. I do like the atrium on the Liberty better than the atrium on the Valor. Yet, I think the diningrooms on the Valor are prettier than the ones on the Liberty. But, in all honesty, none of this would preclude one ship over another for me. Both ships are nice.

I chose the liberty and here's why.

We always book a balcony and I personally don't see the point of booking a balcony with an obstructed view.

If you book the Valor the cheapest balcony is an obstructed view and you have to pay to upgrade to a non obstructed view. The liberty's cheapest balcony is a non obstructed balcony and you don't have to pay to upgrade to the nicer balcony. So even though the Valor may look cheaper, it may in fact not be. Plus last time I looked it was the same itinerary.

Thanks for the replies!! Now that I've been doing a little more research around this site, it looks like the dry dock that is planned for the Liberty in October is swaying me towards that one!!!

I'm intrigued by the changes that they will be making and the ship already looks so beautiful!

I chose the liberty and here's why.

We always book a balcony and I personally don't see the point of booking a balcony with an obstructed view.

If you book the Valor the cheapest balcony is an obstructed view and you have to pay to upgrade to a non obstructed view. The liberty's cheapest balcony is a non obstructed balcony and you don't have to pay to upgrade to the nicer balcony. So even though the Valor may look cheaper, it may in fact not be. Plus last time I looked it was the same itinerary.

They are both Conquest class ships. Neither of them have obstructed balconies.

Thanks! This is my 3rd cruise but first with the kids and first for a whole week. The other 2 were long-weekend cruises. Wondering how hubby and I will fair with our two 7-yr-olds all in the same room! It will be cozy!!!

Anyone out there going to have young kids with them?? I'm sure mine will be making good use of the kids club (at least I hope so!!)

Congrats on booking Liberty!!!! :)

We've been on both and currently have both booked again... Liberty's decor is better IMO. The Valor's dining room is pepto bismal pink!! lol

You are gonna have a great time!

Hi StingRayFan, just want to let you know we renamed the chat room to:

Love_To_Cruise_Carnival and moved it to General category

• 4 weeks later...

Liberty's decor is more toned down than Valor's. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Although I prefer Liberty's decor, I don't care so much about the decor as I do cleanliness & service. Both ships were clean when I sailed them, service was great. Nevertheless, I still chose Liberty when booking this time. I picked Liberty for my upcoming cruise before I knew she was going into dry dock. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Liberty's dry dock upgrades.

Archived