Carnival kids club - baby play

drenee73

Can anyone give me scoop on how the play with a baby works on Carnival? My DD will be turning 1 on the Pride in a few weeks - ok, 22 days - and I want to be able to take her to the kids club to play from time to time. I know I can't leave her....

I know they have toys, but what kind of stuff? Little Tykes slides kind of toys or trucks and balls kind of toys?

So, how does it work?

Is there a specific time or is it any time or? ? ? ?

I just can't wait until i get on the boat to find out... it's KILLIN me that I can't find info on this.

THANKS!

Check out Crusinmama06 post about upgrade...In her signature are links to kids programs/schedules on several cruise lines. Activities and schedules are pretty standard across the Carnival fleet, as I understand. EM

Yes, actually you can leave her. ;) You will have to pay for it though. Here are the services that Carnival offers for "Under 2's"

Under-2 Child (6 Months to Under 24 Months)

General Information / Policies / Activities

Camp Carnival cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. There are specific times on board each ship that under-2 year olds are welcome into the facility. Each ship operates differently based on the itinerary.

Sea Days

• Under 2 time is scheduled from 8:00am-10:00am. During this time, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – or - they can stay and use the Camp Carnival facilities at no charge. Please note that this time is designated for the use of Under 2’s and their parents only.

Port Days

• Care for infants begins from 15 minutes before the first tour until 12:00 noon (or from 1:00pm until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

Evenings

Night Owls (for details, see “Night Owls”-babysitting)

• Babysitting is available from 10:00pm to 3:00am. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

Re the toys, it's more the smaller trucks and balls kind of toys, and they have some bins of age-appropriate toys for under 2s that only come out for the baby playtime. However, they can also use some of the larger toys (e.g. Little Tykes kitchen). On the plus side, if your little one is mobile, it is a nice big open safe space where they can roam a bit - during the day, we also found the empty discos and lounges a good spot for letting the little one get her sea legs :-)

We did the play time where a parent had to be present on our last cruise. They had a few hours here and there. Kids had a good time n tous are age appropriate. Also they had a kids songs DVD in so my kids liked that. We are cruising in 17 days and will be doing late night for our 19 month old. Our older 2 are 3&5 so they will be with baby.

Thanks - I totally forgot that they had the per hour thing....

She's walking now so I figure I'll be doing a lot of chasing around the ship. hehe. I would love an hour or two a day where I could let her run and play in a safe open place while I don't have to chase her and redirect constantly! LOL

Do you have to reserve babysitting hours ahead of time? I know it's on a thread somewhere, but I wouldn't have a clue how to find it. Sorry for the repeat question.....

There's SOOOOO much info on CC!

Thanks - I totally forgot that they had the per hour thing....

She's walking now so I figure I'll be doing a lot of chasing around the ship. hehe. I would love an hour or two a day where I could let her run and play in a safe open place while I don't have to chase her and redirect constantly! LOL

Do you have to reserve babysitting hours ahead of time? I know it's on a thread somewhere, but I wouldn't have a clue how to find it. Sorry for the repeat question.....

There's SOOOOO much info on CC!

We constantly travel with our kids. Cruises, resorts, beach resorts and that age is the worst because they just don't stay put and you feel like all you do is chase them. And they really don't follow directions yet. Mine is 18 months but we also have a 3&5 year old so he wants to be one of the kids.

We have a small blowup pool we travel with. Keeps little ones put for a few minutes. Some water and some small toys and mine will splash in it for enough time that I can sit for a few. I have actually seen people bring a pack and play up on deck and set it out between 2 lounge chairs. Not sure if that would work for you. I am actully thinking about it. Mine likes his at home but in really only use it when I am in the shower and need to keep him put.

Good luck.

We used the babysitting a few weeks ago on the Valor for our 9 month old and did not have to make reservations. There were only a few babies that were dropped off during the port times-we felt totally comfortable leaving him there

It is from 8-10am on sea days. You can go in the camp carnival playroom with them and play. They have baby toys, blocks, balls, etc. There are usually very few babies in there. You can also leave them for "babysitting" for $6/hr during this time as well. Regular camp carnival for the older kids doesnt start until 10am so there wont be other kids in there.

We constantly travel with our kids. Cruises, resorts, beach resorts and that age is the worst because they just don't stay put and you feel like all you do is chase them. And they really don't follow directions yet. Mine is 18 months but we also have a 3&5 year old so he wants to be one of the kids.

We have a small blowup pool we travel with. Keeps little ones put for a few minutes. Some water and some small toys and mine will splash in it for enough time that I can sit for a few. I have actually seen people bring a pack and play up on deck and set it out between 2 lounge chairs. Not sure if that would work for you. I am actully thinking about it. Mine likes his at home but in really only use it when I am in the shower and need to keep him put.

Good luck.

I've never thought about the Pack N Play idea. We are going to bring ours with us and may bring it up on deck if we try to catch one of the on deck movies (Princess). Bonus if DS falls asleep while playing:D

DD won't stay in a PNP for NOTHING. Ok, to sleep at night.

I soooooo wish she would let me move her when she's sleeping. If she's down hard and I move her, she usually wakes up. I've tried to move her every way under the sun... <sigh>

19 days and counting...... arrrrrggggggggg.......... I may explode with excitement before then!

I never did the PNP on a cruise but have at a resort by the pool. My kids are rarely if ever in a PNP at home and were fine. Liked watching everything and everyone who walked by would say hello to the baby. I may try it with my 18 month old this cruise.

Archived