Sadly I had to cancel my deck 10 aft suite

fiftyguy

Yesterday I had to cancel 2 cruises (3/18 & 4/8), on the Dawn, since my wife took a new job and won't have enough vacation time. The cabin, on each cruise, is the famous aft suite 10728 (our favorite cabin). Soooo, if you were thinking of a Caribbean cruise next spring there is one great suite available - although I'm guessing not for long.

May my sadness be someone elses joy!

Yesterday I had to cancel 2 cruises (3/18 & 4/8), on the Dawn, since my wife took a new job and won't have enough vacation time. The cabin, on each cruise, is the famous aft suite 10728 (our favorite cabin). Soooo, if you were thinking of a Caribbean cruise next spring there is one great suite available - although I'm guessing not for long.

Here's hoping that her Christmas bonus is an extra weeks vacation and you can get back one of those cruises. Congratulations on the new job and I hope that she likes it and when you both think back about giving up those cruises you have only positive thoughts and no regrets!

i was so upset when i had to downgrade my aft balcony to a plain ol' balcony on my upcomming cruise. i could only imagine how i would feel if i had to cancel.

congrats on the new job for youre wife, i just got laid off for winter, its tuff out there

I feel your pain! We had to cancel our cruise in a suite on the Sun in March due to my employment situation. We have to wait until next October to cruise. But it will be here before you know it. Sorry.............

OH MAAAN soooooo sorry. I'm sure as soon as her next vacation rolls around you will enjoy the time even more!

I just checked on NCL and the rooms are still available. We will be staying in 10230 right beside 10728 in February and I'm hoping that the next time we cruise we can stay in an aft suite. For now an aft balcony on the 10th deck will be just great.

What a bummer. We have that same suite in Jan. only on the Star.:D:D

Its hard switching jobs and losing vacation. I'm actually at a place in my career right now where I am having a hard time using all my time because we have combined time off and I'm luckily never sick but my DH has to ask for time off 6 months in advance. Makes it difficult to do spur of the moment vacations.

Hope your near future brings you back to your favorite cabin.

I too, sadly had to cancel our upcoming spring cruise. Our first aft :(. Job threats on the horizon come June and can't in good conscience go on vacation two months before knowing that I possibly could get the pink slip. :eek:

Very sad!

So sorry fiftyguy. At least she has another job instead of no job!

My next cruise booked is 2013 but I would love to cruise next August with my cousins. Have to wait and see. Still have my 20 year job but making lots less. I have a lot of vaca time but don't want to spend any money, not that I have any extra. It's torture to see some good deals out there that I have to ignore. Guess when I do get to cruise again I will be even more grateful. At least I can come on CC and read about other folks' cruises. :)

Let's hope time flies to our respective bon voyages!

Here's hoping that her Christmas bonus is an extra weeks vacation and you can get back one of those cruises. Congratulations on the new job and I hope that she likes it and when you both think back about giving up those cruises you have only positive thoughts and no regrets!

What is a Christmas Bonus?

Sorry you had to cancel fiftyguy, hope you can reschedule again very soon

A Christmas present from your employer.

Optimism is good for stress reduction.:)

I think the question was "tongue and cheek", as many of us, myself included do not expect any bonus, Christmas or otherwise. I haven't seen any in over 2 years.

What is a Christmas Bonus?

LOL !

So sorry you have to cancel but glad to hear that your wife found a job. At least you have a cruise in July to look forward to.

I'm in the same boat as DMH15 - 23 yrs, lots less money, have the vacation time but not the finances to actually "Go" on a vacation! So I feel your pain DMH15!

Again, I want to thank everyone for your kind words of encouragement. My wife is actually excited to start her new job. We decided it was best to let the dust settle on the changes in our lives. I guess we'll appreciate cruising more after a little break.

To all of you, enjoy your planning and cruising - it has been great to have your words of support.

Again, I want to thank everyone for your kind words of encouragement. My wife is actually excited to start her new job. We decided it was best to let the dust settle on the changes in our lives. I guess we'll appreciate cruising more after a little break.

To all of you, enjoy your planning and cruising - it has been great to have your words of support.

You still have July right?

Good luck to your wife and her new job!

You still have July right?

Good luck to your wife and her new job!

At this moment we're keeping it, since we have until April 2012 to cancel. This is a cruise with our family and my DIL's family, so we hope to sail. We'll have to wait and see how my wife's job works out.

We just cancelled our aft cabin for our cruise in December because the airfare to San Juan is so high and my husband is having health issues. Hopefully, we can all book again soon.

That stinks about the airfare and I hope he's feeling better soon. We had to cancel a cruise two years ago because my DH got multiple fractures in his leg at work. We really only had to move it out 4 months. (But it was like 11 months from the injury so that extra four months felt longer than normal!)

So sorry to hear that. I hope her vacation time adds up quickly so you can re-book for another cruise soon.

I'm sorry that you had to cancel, but happy for you both that your wife found a new job. You two are some of the lucky ones. I'd give anything to have a vacation that I had to cancel because I got a new job! I also lost my job back in April. I had a major vacation scheduled for June, fully paid for. I decided to take the vacation, thinking it might be the last one I have for a long time. Indeed, I have now picked up a new job, but it is a full 40% less than what I was making previously (barely pays just the bills). I see no vacations in my future unless I find something else that pays more. I have some FF miles and Frequent Guest points saved up, so I might take a long weekend sometime and use them.

I still love to "live vicariously" through everyone here on CC giving details of their vacations.

Archived