Radiance cabin 1102

We are on the Radiance in June, to Alaska, in a JS also below the Windjammer. I asked your same question a few weeks ago, and was assured by several people on these boards that there was not a noise problem. We were relieved!

Amanda

Thanks for the quick reply! I, too, am relieved to hear there's not a noise problem.

I was looking for something for spring break 2006, and loved the Radiance itinerary at that time - 3 days in port and 3 at sea. It would be just perfect for DS and me! He will only be 7, so I thought it would be nice to have a balcony for me to enjoy when he goes to bed....hopefully early, at least a few nights! When I saw the aft cabins available, I jumped on one! If only it wasn't a year away....lol!!!

We had 1100 on the Radiance, and we never had a problem with the Windjammer above. Only complaint was our last night around 6PM. As we were enjoying our last pre-dinner cocktails of the cruise they began spraying down the outside seating area of the Windjammer, so we had to go in or get wet. Fortunately they didn't take too long, but we did have to wipe down our chairs and table.

Btw, your view will be fantastic!

Hi maxxboy.

We are going to be in 1100 on the Jewel next March with our grown up kids directly under us on deck 9. Do you know if the stairs adjacent to 1100 are accessible enough to allow us to go to their cabins and vice versa without having to go all the way to the main stairs.

Its not a huge deal if we cant , but will certainly make it a bit easier on the old legs if we can.

We had a similar situation last year on a Costa ship with friends, whilst the stairs were not really used by the pax, there was no sign or any obstructions saying not to use them, and we found them very useful again.

Just wondered if you would know the situation with them on board.

TIA

P.S are these 1100 cabins really as good as I've read. My only problem is containing my excitement for a full year lol.

We had cabin 9256 both on the Serenade and the Radiance. The stairs that are right there say "crew only" and we had no reason to try to use them....but I have heard of folks that do.;) BTW, you will love these cabins with the great balconies!

I was in Room 1604 on the Radiance 3 weeks ago....To answer your question "is their a noise problem" depends on what you feel like is a problem. You do hear noise. We would hear chairs and stuff moving around 7:30-8:00. We do like to sleep with the door open (nothing better than having the wake lull you to sleep) so that added to some of the noise. Even with the doors shut you could still hear things above. Would I say it was a problem no...Both of us never had a problem going right back to sleep (got up around 9:00) and the noise wasn't constant.

Maxxboy you are right...Here I am enjoying a cocktail and sushi on the balcony on the last night and I feel this mist. I look up not a cloud in the sky. And then wham a bunch of water from the cleaning crew right on my plate of sushi. That is the ONLY complaint I had on our whole trip.

Archived