Star Propulsion system damaged

azcruise

I just got a call from my TA that NCL is cancelling our 5-02-04 cruise due to a problem with the propulsion system..... Not other details, but now we have to figure out what to do..... Vacations were scheduled, flights arranged..... I was counting the days......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;5;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

May 2nd Hawaii to Vancouver on the Star!

R4 - Tahiti 1999-2000

NCL Dream Baltic 2001

NCL Sun Alaska 2003

I'm soooo sorry for you. I know I would be majorly disappointed! icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

NCL Norway 2/00 - Eastern Carib. poke.gif

Costa Atlantica 2/01 - Western Carib. icon_biggrin.gif

Costa Atlantica 2/02 - Eastern Carib. icon_biggrin.gif

NCL Dream 3/03 Valparaiso - Miami orangehat.gif

Costa Mediterranea 3/04 Western Carib. icon_eek.gif

icon_wink.gif Proud member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society icon_wink.gif

I would imagine NCL will be helping out with the flights. You may want to look at some of the other repositioning cruises that are occuring around that time. A trip through the Panama Canal may be nice. Hopefully your T/A is working with you on alternatives. I feel your pain, as we had booked the Pride of America on its inagural tour. Best of luck, and keep your fingers crossed.

Aloha Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;13;1800;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks, everybody. I just want to cry. My TA is looking at alternatives. The really bad part is that we were taking our moms (my husband's and mine) along on it, and I hate to break it to them. We had booked mini-suites, but told them they would be inside cabins so we could surprise them....

Back to the web / drawing boards.

NCL - Hawaii - May 2nd.... Cancelled

R4 - Tahiti 1999-2000

NCL Dream Baltic 2001

NCL Sun Alaska 2003

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would guess that if you have a large enough block of time to do the REPO, you could do Europe, and the Dream, (do not say it gang) has a ship leaving Dover on the 2nd of May. It has some nice cabins left. As well there are also some longer ones too. For a bit of self-help, Travelocity, (YES RULE VIOLATION BUT GIVE ME A BREAK) has a great cruise search tool, and then when you talk to your TA you can give them other options as to what looks good to you. Drop me an e-mail if I can help you at all, as I am a nerd in the worst way, and NOT a TA.

Aloha Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;13;1800;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

it happen to me last year, when NCL over booked on the sky.

I let them boot me off the ship!

but I quickly call my TA & had me put on a differs ship & had a super time!

So go book a differs cruise! & have fun!

Suzanne & Tyler

I don't think that it is a rule violation,and its a great idea! I am glad you had your passports for Fanning Island because you have this as a possibility...good luck all sorry for the problem... we all feel for ya..

Boo-hoo!! We are totally bummed out. Don't know what to do at this point.Flights to or from anywhere else would be cost prohibitive for us. we were so looking forward to the 4 sea days on the STAR. I had a feeling this was going to happen..after hearing that the STAR could not make it to Fanning Island due to the mechanical problems. I was wondering how they were going to be able to cross the Pacific and arrive in Vancouver on time.

I'm going to go cry in my Mai-Tai for awhile and then put the thinking cap on and see what I can find for us. Good luck to all of our fellow almost-cruisers!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gdries:

SMeyer, you know the rule about referring people to a travel agent web site...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually...here's the guideline:

Also, although third-party recommendations are the lifeblood of the message boards, when, in the sole opinion of the message board staff, those public postings are too commercial or promotional in tone, excessive in quantity or if there is reason to suspect that they are disingenuous, or posted by the agent, themselves, under cover of "alias" screen names, such postings will be removed.

Gdries...your recommendation of Travelocity to the OP is genuine and not something you're going on and on about. You're offering advice that the OP could maybe use. Thanks for helping out.

Cecilia

I've cruised to Alaska, Australia, Asia, South America, Panama Canal, transatlantic, Hawaii, Baltics and the Caribbean. I've been on the NCL Dream, Wind, Star, Sky, Norway and the RCCL Mariner of the Seas. I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

Hey kapoho2

I'm really sad too icon_frown.gif my daughter and I went through a lot to get the time off both our jobs and book the flights from our two different cities to Honolulu and back from Vancouver. Unfortunately the tickets were booked on points and as the agent told me they were 'booked in stone'no changes or alterations of any kind allowed.

I wonder if NCL can arrange to give me the points back?

Archived