Diamond Princess cabins E728 and E732 information please

Gidday all my fellow cruisers.

I have posted this query on the Princess CC page but had only one reply, and that was from Aussie! So I thought I would try here.

Our family has booked a second cruise on the Diamond Princess for December 2013, yes, over a year away but the planning is so much fun!

We last cruised on Emerald deck in E722, a lovely mini suite but we figured this time, with an additional person, aka, my best friend we would need another cabin.

The short version is we have managed to secure the mini suite E728 for DH, DS and I and then E732 for DD and my BFF, best friend forever.

So everyone has a balcony, but then I started to wonder about any issues with these cabins and the balconies.

I was especially concerned about the wind factor on the balconies and whether the balconies would be cold.

We are travelling around New Zealand and Australia in the summer so the ambient temperature should be good but I just wasn't sure with these being fully covered if there might be a lack of sunshine.

PS Have made sure the cabins have been marked no upgrade.

Looking forward to your replies, and photos is you have any, big hint.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

Tracey - you are a worry wart!! ;):D

We had a balcony on Caribe (C302) last year partially covered only. The only time it was windy was in Milford, but we put jackets or a cardigan on and it was fine!

We used the balcony arriving in ports, sometimes on leaving but it was more fun up on deck with the other CCers. And of course for pre-dinner drinkies, but there were a couple of nights it was a bit nippy for that.

Don't worry - you will enjoy the balcony.

By the way, our Roll Call for the Celebrity Century is rocketing along, onto page 35 already with just under 10000 views! Smaller groups so far 61 officially (Celebrity put on a mix and mingle) and a good number posting regularly. Pity you weren't on this one as there are a number of families with kids from 3 to 21!

What I have found helpful in looking up info for certain cabins is to go to top of page (RHS) and click on search, then type in cabin number, ship etc.... heaps comes up. Then if you still want more :D just google cabin number, ship etc.... and heaps more will come up, everything from pics, videos, reviews. There is also a page on the main cruise critic where you type in your cabin number on what ship and it will bring up all reviews done for that cabin... Good luck.. Fiona :)

Well not much help from anyone so I did a search for you using just the cabin numbers. Diamond and Sapphire as sister ships.

These are the links I found first up:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1042960&highlight=e728+e732

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=507472&highlight=e728+e732

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=241320&highlight=e728+e732

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=203950&highlight=e728+e732

Happy reading. The search tool is quite good but it can take a few goes to find what you are looking for.

Off to Noosa in the morning :p;)

I have has a look at the search engine and the links you gave me Margo, all were helpful.

Now Margo dear, I am not a worry wort, I rate as a control freak and a dedicated planner :p.

It would be really nice if you and Peter were planning a trip on the Diamond for NYE 2012, big massive hint there ;).

I know Kimzee had one of these cabins on Richard and Kim's return trip to Aussie in January this year, by the way, the rather rickety looking gingerbread house that we made with KiwiPete's grand daughter on the NYE trip 2010/2011 not only made it through NZ customs but it is still standing!

So good to hear from you, enjoy your Aussie trip, I hope you still get to watch Bathurst in the weekend.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

I have has a look at the search engine and the links you gave me Margo, all were helpful.

Now Margo dear, I am not a worry wort, I rate as a control freak and a dedicated planner :p.

It would be really nice if you and Peter were planning a trip on the Diamond for NYE 2012, big massive hint there ;).

I know Kimzee had one of these cabins on Richard and Kim's return trip to Aussie in January this year, by the way, the rather rickety looking gingerbread house that we made with KiwiPete's grand daughter on the NYE trip 2010/2011 not only made it through NZ customs but it is still standing!

So good to hear from you, enjoy your Aussie trip, I hope you still get to watch Bathurst in the weekend.

TraceyG

Control Freak it is then! I should give Kim a reminder to come onto the boards and answer such questions! She hasn't been on the board for ages, too busy on FB and doing her crafty things! :)

She and Rich have just scored another aft balcony on Aloha for 29 Dec sailing this year! So much for saving money and travelling inside only!;)

Don't know if I will get away with another Christmas Cruise - the piggy bank is very empty, and Julie and Dave want to do Hawaii next year.

Fancy the gingerbread house still standing! :eek: How did you get that past customs????? That sweet talking and batting of eye lids happening again eh!

Control Freak it is then! I should give Kim a reminder to come onto the boards and answer such questions! She hasn't been on the board for ages, too busy on FB and doing her crafty things! :)

She and Rich have just scored another aft balcony on Aloha for 29 Dec sailing this year! So much for saving money and travelling inside only!;)

Don't know if I will get away with another Christmas Cruise - the piggy bank is very empty, and Julie and Dave want to do Hawaii next year.

Fancy the gingerbread house still standing! :eek: How did you get that past customs????? That sweet talking and batting of eye lids happening again eh!

Hi

yep have been busy our roll call isnt as chatty as ours was

&

yes we have another aft cabin this NYE I couldnt resist we have A746 this time...

what would you like to know about cabin aft cabin E732

I have pics if you want

Kim

E732.jpg.6b60a752b76be39f37cbb65c30a0ff89.jpg

1984149136_DiamondPrincess1.jpg.23a1e7d496fabbc3750c599a9e06c2c4.jpg

1242567827_DSC_1529E732cabin.jpg.1701c5909853a0716ae1f8af750a5ef0.jpg

608262442_DSC_2557E732balconydinner.jpg.0441c08c4774075e60e76cf3dc81dbfa.jpg

710910739_DSC_2626(2)E732.jpg.faba5634342785fd23dfca9cc3061cec.jpg

TraceyG

guess what I am about to go back to school to do....

yep you guessed it .... teach a class of 24 , year 8 students ( 18 boys) how to make gingerbread houses...am currently putting together the collection of movie & pics I got of teh diamond with all those wonderful houses they had on display over christmas.

It will be fun....

Kim

Thank you Kim for the pictures.

Glad to hear about your latest aft balcony score.

Um, are you going to show the kids our gingerbread house effort?

It could be an example of not elegant but sturdy:p

Hugs to you and Richard.

God bless you both:)

TraceyG

Thank you Kim for the pictures.

Glad to hear about your latest aft balcony score.

Um, are you going to show the kids our gingerbread house effort?

It could be an example of not elegant but sturdy:p

Hugs to you and Richard.

God bless you both:)

TraceyG

Hi Tracey

I have put a couple in of the house we did as an example of what a younger child can do in less than an hour.....Inspiration of course ...I used the the pics that show it all together before the roof slid down & the walls sloped :D as well as the table full of the gingerbread houses...... left out the pics showing me drinking a cocktail while making it with you guys...ahahhaha

I have been using this project as a reward for my class all year they are so excited about doing it. It does take my class about 9 lessons to get it done...only because we break it down to small steps, baking 24 house sets takes a few lessons so each student gets one & also they work in pairs assembling so it allows the icing to set so the roof doesnt slide off.

I could send you a copy of our recipe & instructions if you want so you can relive the experience this christmas ....:rolleyes:

We have been looking at Voyager of the sea for next Christms/ NYE2012its sydney to sydney, & fits with school holidays, just waiting to see what our kids are doing before we decide.

take care

Kim

Thanks for letting the kids know that the gingerbread house was put together by a 10 year old and a 7 year old with no previous gingerbread house construction experience:D

You might also want to mention that some of the decorations were digested prior to judging!

I showed David some VOTS clips before work today, we were looking at a trip on her before the kids, DS 15 and DD 11 leave home.

The major reasons for the Diamond Princess 2012 NYE trip is because DD and DS were keen to sail on her again, DH enjoys anytime dining, DS didn't want to miss out on the kids club, DD wouldn't leave home until after Christmas and we were all keen to secure aft balconies.

Thank you again for the pictures, DH and I want the cabin now!

Currently it is booked for DD and my BFF.

Have a great Bathurst weekend, vrrrroooooommmmmmm;)

TraceyG

• 3 months later...

We are just back from Diamond Princess NYE cruise Aus/Nz. We had C748 and our friends had E728. Most of the time was spent on our balcony as it was so sheltered , our friends in E728 didnt spend a lot of time on theirs as it was too cold/windy and not sheltered from weather. It was a great cabin but ours was better due to the weather conditions we encountered... Ours was just a regular cabin (right at the aft) and as you know E728 is a mini suite. If the weather on our cruise was nicer I am sure they would have spent more time on balcony. So, sailaway always on our balcony lol:) Fiona

• 3 years later...