Cruising with kids in the Western Mediterranean-high and low end

Isidoro

I haven't been on these boards for about three years. Well found again!

I have two questions in one, both attempting to plan cruise travel for immediate family.

1. "High" end: two parents with their two girls, aged 12 and 14.

2. "Lower" end: one adult with his three children, twins aged 14 and a girls aged 9.

Both cruises for summer vacation 2012.

I would appreciate recommendations: cruise lines, shore excursions, on-board atmosphere and programmes for young teenagers, etc.

I would also appreciate being directed to previous discussions on similar topics; I have some trouble finding such discussions.

Thank you!

You may want to look at the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic where some people have posted about experiences from their Mediterranean cruises.

I would first settle on what specific itinerary/itineraries interest you and then from there you can narrow down the list of cruise lines.

One that I thought worked very well for both adults and children is Princess. They have a very nice children's program and actually it is one of the best at sea but at the same time do a nice job for adults and they offer some very nice itineraries.

I would take a look at them to see if one of the itineraries works and then another place to go to would be to the cruise line board for those cruise lines you narrow the list down to.

Keith

Thank you, Keith.

The itinerary is pretty much the classic Western Mediterranean, from Barcelona to Venice or the other way around.

I would imagine that Princess would be the higher end?

Would Carnival qualify as a lower end?

If yes to both, this would pretty much close the first part of my question.

Because I will need one of each!

I will also follow your suggestion with respect to Ports of Call. I didn't think this would be a place to start but I will look up the content there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Archived