Napier winery tour with local tour company

xander

Hi there ,

Has anyone done a 1/2 day private tour in Napier ? How far is the wine area ?

We're arriving into Napier at 7 am and departing 1 pm (lunchtime) so are restricted time wise . There are 4 of us and Ideally we'd like to do Craggy Hill Winery , Seleni Estate , and explore the town's Art Deco flavour.

Can anyone recommend anybody or a company ?

Many thanks

Has anyone just arrived and organised with a taxis , there and then , to take them to a few locations - and kind of "booked" then for a block of time ? I have done local research and pretty much know what we want to do (and have maps printed off already !!)

I'm a huge planner and have always has things pre booked ! LOL

Is it time to throw caution to the wind and "play it by ear" ?

xander ;Has anyone just arrived and organised with a taxis , there and then , to take them to a few locations - and kind of "booked" then for a block of time ? I have done local research and pretty much know what we want to do (and have maps printed off already !!)

I'm a huge planner and have always has things pre booked ! LOL

Is it time to throw caution to the wind and "play it by ear" ?

Thats what we did in Napier. The port is a working one so you can't walk off and must take the shuttle. The shuttle drops off at the Visitors Cente and Taxis are coming and going from there all day. We wandered around the town for a bit then took a cab for 1 1/2 hours and saw all we wanted. In that time we went to, Havelock North, Te Mata Peak, Hastings, Mission Estate Winery ,Napier Hill and lookout, and drove past the Rothmans building and waterfront.

I forget how much, but we just asked the lady driver for an hourly rate, and between 4 of us , it worked out to be very reasonable.

Only risk when you wing it like that, is that a cab may not be there when you want it:eek::eek:

Anne - Thanks , i've sent them an email to see what they can offer .

David - thanks , that sound just about perfect for us - we would like to explore the countryside etc but have the option of flexibility , without paying a fortune ! We avoid the large tours where you move as fast as the slowest person ....

Archived