booking 5 cabins while on board ?

If we book 5 cabin while on board i know that we have to pay a deposit on all

But can we tranfer the booking #s to our friends and they pay us the deposit back? Then they can handle their own arrangements from that point.

Hi Seaver, you can book in your friends names and just get the deposit back from them. You will need all their info to book, name, address, d.o.b. and other info. Just check with RCI before you go on what other info is needed.

I haven't booked several cabins onboard, but I have done it directly through RC. I made the bookings and paid the deposits to make sure we were all in nearby cabins and had the same table for dinner. Once the reservations were completed, I sent everyone their booking number and let them either transfer to their own TA or leave it with RC. Any everyone paid me back the deposit money too. :D

If you are doing this for the onboard credit, don't be surprised if you are turned down for all but the cabin that you will occupy. You CAN book the cabins....just won't get the credit. That is what we were told by the LA on Jewel.

We booked 3 cabins on the Mariner while we were aboard the AOS. The 2 cabins were for friends not with us at the time and both cabins received the $100. on board credit. Wonder why it was ok then????

Cindy ;)

I would wonder the same thing....because we had read on CC of people doing this and if anyone has successfully done this in the last month I would like to know. I wondered if maybe too many people were taking advantage and it was cutting into the "profits".

We were told it was OK to do for family members "in the same household" but not otherwise....i.e. parents are taking a cruise alone and now want to book a later cruise with additional cabins for their children who are living in their home.

Archived