Another Tabyana question

KimmieTN

If we do not book through the cruise line, is there a fee to enter Tabyana beach? What about restroom/changing facilities? Trying to decide to go on our own or book through the ship. I've read some beaches are set up as resorts and you must pay a fee to use their facilities.

Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach. Anything you read about West Bay will apply.

If you don't go with the ships excursion you will have to pay taxi fees, day fees at a resort to use their restroom/changing facilities and for lunch.

If you are only going to the beach, I think your best bet is the cruise line. If you want to make other stops perhaps independent is better.

Thank you. We are going just to snorkle for a few hours. We are meeting others at Mahogany Beach after they take a different excursion. May be worth it to pay the 80 dollars. Just wasn't sure it was worth it for a few hours of snorkling. I'm not sure our ship's excursion includes lunch or snorkle equipment.

Thanks for the help. I have seen several of your posts on other threads when researching this area. It looks like the best option is to book Bananarama on our own which is cheaper than Tabyana and includes the snorkling equipment, then walk down past Tabyana to the wall you mentioned that has the best snorkeling. This would save us about forty dollars to spend on some nice cold beverages!

If we do not book through the cruise line, is there a fee to enter Tabyana beach? What about restroom/changing facilities? Trying to decide to go on our own or book through the ship. I've read some beaches are set up as resorts and you must pay a fee to use their facilities.

No, there is no fee to enter Tabyana, it has public access to the beach in which you can walk anywhere you want up and down there to snorkel. (As suggested above, read the link to find "the spot" for snorkeling). At Tabyana, there are several places to eat and they also have restrooms and showers you can use while there...free of charge. :)

Sorry, I had the names of the places confused. Correcting myself...

I think I stand corrected...it is Bananarama I believe. :eek: :confused: Crap, I think I'm thinking of the people we were talking to that were with us at the same place that kept calling it Tabyana. I know it was just right past Infinity. But either way, it was still right there on west bay and was still free. But I do know it's where the taxi's take people to drop them off and let them in to the free access to the beach. It is free with the amenities. :)

I just looked at the maps I have with all the names listed, I do believe it is Bananarama. Sorry for the confusion everyone and thank you so much for correcting me guest 2000. I appreciate it.

So, anyone wanting to get into West Bay for free with public access, restrooms and a shower...go to Bananarama. :D

Archived