When to book a pre-cruise hotel?

hellopuppies

Hi, we are going to cruise from San Juan in x'mas/2012 on Adventure OTS. This is our 1st time to visit San Juan & would to stay a day ahead the cruise to look around San Juan. I have some questions & hope anyone can help to solve please:

1. Which hotel to stay? (after researching some reviews, narrow down to some choices like La Concha, Marriott Stellaris, Carbe Hilton or Embassy Suites?) Any stayed experences & comments will be appreciated!

2. When to book or bid to have best deal? (I'm newbie to hotel bidding)

3. If possible, want to stay in 1 room with 2 beds for DH & I, DS & DD (aged 21 & 18), which hotel can accomodate?

4. Are the hotels of my choice above will have a resort fee? How much?

Thanks in advance for any information or help!

Christmas is a busy travel time. Book as early as possible. Yesterday is my recommendation. :o

I had a hard time finding anything that could accomodate 3 people. Unlike the US, not all hotel rooms are big enough to fit 2 double beds. We ended up in the Quality Inn Condodo. It had 1 double bed & 1 twin. We paid rack rate, $135, which was high for the two star property but it was clean. I bid up to that amount on Priceline but never won a 3.5 - 5 star property. Given that we need the ability to sleep 3 & not all properties participating in the biding process could do that I was comfortable with the decision.

Last time we were in SJ, we rented a car and stayed at the Marriott I believe which was a very nice hotel. However, Traffic is sooooo bad in OSJ that from now on we are just going to stay in OSJ so we can walk everywhere. Much less stressful. :)

Archived