Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

When my son had a scar that wasn't healing well, a plastic surgeon friend recommended that we massage it with a lotion that had aloe as one of the first two ingredients. I supposed you could also use an aloe plant.

After my hip replacement surgery, I put Vitamin E and aloe (right from the plant) on it twice a day. My surgeon was amazed how quickly it healed, and eventually the scar became almost invisible. Aloe is a miracle plant, it also has healed second degrees burns on my hand twice. You can't see any damage to the skin.

I'm excited to be going on my first cruise in 20 years!! I will admit, I'm not eager to buy a lot of new clothes, especially formal ones. I am trying to "make do" with items I already have and use my limited funds for some casual items (like a lightweight sweater or capris) that I could then got a lot of use out of for work. (Limited funds because I have one in college and a daughter graduating from HS in June and going away in the fall. Girl + graduation + going to college = no money for mom).

So I am posting what I have and would appreciate any moments or suggestions.

FYI....I am sailing on the Freedom of the Seas in July, in the Caribbean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362372946.554597.jpg.230b557e29f2779f7558df7d8e9a9a0d.jpg

The dress above is below the knee. Taffeta skirt.

This dress below is new. Great sale at Macy's last night... $30! Hard to tell but has lots of pleats.

y2a5y9ed.jpg

jaqu2a5e.jpg

The jacket above would be worn with some kind of shell underneath in black or red or pink. I'd wear with black silk pants.

The set below would also be for black pants. It is a set, with a shell and jacket.

ebyde7up.jpg

2a2a2egu.jpg

These are my options for formal evenings. I believe there are three.

I will post options for the more casual evenings separately.

Panda

Edited by PandaBear62

Part 2. The non formal dinners. I have NO clue about what I should or shouldn't wear for these. This is what I am thinking so far:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362373835.733721.jpg.670dd36a82a4775affae8ce6dc3ef1f3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362373846.847660.jpg.9fb04c571439b94569fdc9ea773943a7.jpg

This is a skirt and blouse set. Very flowy. The colors are pretty. It was from Macy's and while you can't tell from the picture it's very well made and lined. So even though it is flowy it doesn't seem limp. it's a Jones New York.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362373954.406474.jpg.1c71dcc4cd9ef009271312dbdf755fb4.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362373968.688792.jpg.472a334ccc22c64b2dd7cda2109bdc51.jpg

While this looks like a skirt and top it's actually shorts. It is above the knee. I am thinking it is too casual, but would be nice during the day? Remember Bobbie Brooks? This outfit is old, but I've always liked it and it has worn well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362374028.907173.jpg.6788f3d9ef3849c99046a31142d1b40c.jpg

The colors on this are quite pretty. I have a really nice purple crop jacket to wear with its. It's also pleated. Again, well made with a nice lining so hangs nicely. The dress is Alfani.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362374110.235304.jpg.a61f5b22caf0493e38e0323875bb740a.jpg

This isn't the best picture. The colors are navy, cream and black. Buttons down the front. I have a nice 2 button sweater in navy I can wear with it (from Coldwater Creek). The dress is Alfani as well.

Panda

Drew's Wife: I found that pewter dress!!!!! Sooooo excited and can't wait to get it in the mail. I was also lucky to find a GORGEOUS raspberry colored floor length dress this weekend at the King Of Prussia Mall. I got it at Macy's,but can't seem to find a picture/link to post it. Will have to wait until I wear it! :)

Have any of you worn the wide leg chiffon pants? I see Dillards has some, they're cut.....but it's one of those things I'm just not sure about.

I don't necessarily mean for formal night, but dressed up on other nights.

Love the dresses I'm seeing ! Thanks for posting !

Have any of you worn the wide leg chiffon pants? I see Dillards has some, they're cut.....but it's one of those things I'm just not sure about.

Love the dresses I'm seeing ! Thanks for posting !

These pants are very common, you see a lot of ladies in them.

Thanks everyone for the helpful scar advice! My mom used to keep an aloe plant on the kitchen windowsill, as she too believed the aloe plant was a "miracle plant" - and when I was pregnant, I rubbed cocoa butter on my big ol belly and I didn't give the first stretch mark! So, I'll go back to the old originals, and quit waisting my money on tube after tube of scar cream!! I Love my CC friends!!

Hi PandaBear62

I think your outfits look great- a lot of us on here are on tight budgets, and we have had great luck at Goodwill, Value Village, and local thrift stores. For formalwear, and lots of cruiseworthy items! Not only for us, but for the men as well - may wanna give it a try - and also watch the "recyle clothing among members" board - lots of ladies offer up their beautiful gowns, and all you pay is the shipping fees!

!

I wore black ones on a past cruise and they were perfect. I wore them on one of the formal nights with a sparkly shell and jacket. Have gotten silver and white ones for my next cruise. Only downside is that I have to have them shortened (they never seem to come in petite sizes).

I just ordered a couple of new dresses for my upcoming cruise. The black one I plan to wear for formal night but the white will probably be for smart casual although maybe with a pair of very high heels it would do for formal night. I found tons of stuff on kohls.com today! Hopefully the dresses will fit!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1189009/ab-studio-sequin-empire-sheath-dress.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1206256/ab-studio-crochet-shift-dress.jsp

Had a hard time deciding between the blue and the white for the shift dress; I like them both a lot.

There will be 3 formal nights on my cruise but for the others I'll be wearing dresses I wore on previous cruises. :)

I just ordered a couple of new dresses for my upcoming cruise. The black one I plan to wear for formal night but the white will probably be for smart casual although maybe with a pair of very high heels it would do for formal night. I found tons of stuff on kohls.com today! Hopefully the dresses will fit!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1189009/ab-studio-sequin-empire-sheath-dress.jsp

Had a hard time deciding between the blue and the white for the shift dress; I like them both a lot.

There will be 3 formal nights on my cruise but for the others I'll be wearing dresses I wore on previous cruises. :)

Pretty dresses. I am going to get the shift in blue. Thanks for sharing the link.

I think white would be beautiful with a great tan. I do not get a great tan, and the blue will be more versatile in my every day life.

I just won an auction on ebay for the first evening gown I've every bought. :) I hope it's not too "old lady" (I'm 44) or "mother of the bride" looking. I guess I'll decide when it gets here and I can try it on. It cost me less than $30 - so if I decide I don't want to wear it that will be ok.

KGrHqFHJC8FBkW7e3tKBQhVFsj-I60_12.jpg

T2eC16RHJHIE9nyseHP1BQhVGhTbT60_12.jpg

Well, my first experience with an ebay dress was not a good one. The dress is gorgeous, however, they were a little off on the size. They listed it as Large. I wear a size 12 so I thought it might be too small. And it is. But I had my daughter try it on who wears a 6 and it's too small for her too! Which means it is no where close to a size large. It's custom made so no tags. :(

I emailed the seller to see what they say.

Wow! Cute dresses! and it looks like you got great deals on them - I can't believe you got a sequined dress for $15.80! Woo Hoo!!

Well, my first experience with an ebay dress was not a good one. The dress is gorgeous, however, they were a little off on the size. They listed it as Large. I wear a size 12 so I thought it might be too small. And it is. But I had my daughter try it on who wears a 6 and it's too small for her too! Which means it is no where close to a size large. It's custom made so no tags. :(

I emailed the seller to see what they say.

Too bad, it's a very pretty dress and not your typical department store formal. Hope you get it sorted out.

Hi, Lovely dresses everyone, you can get some great bargains on ebay.

We have just returned from our cruise to New Zealand and we had a fantastic time, hubby coped ok and our stateroom was big enough for Bill to get around in his wheelchair. The weather was lovely, we had one rough day on the way to NZ and a little rougher one on the way back so we were very lucky with the weather.

In this photo I am wearing a dress I was lucky enough to get from Marie, I would list it here as I would like to pass it on but we are talking about another cruise so will be keeping it for that cruise but after that I will post it here for someone else.

1186507449_DPstairs.jpg.fc09d8bc55fef3fea3960c01d8d23f15.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...Wanted to post a picture of a dress I just purchased. I actually bought this dress in the Sapphire Blue for our last cruise....I found out that is is now available in purple, so just had to have it!:rolleyes:;):)

1187898664_BlueCocktaildress.jpg.9d7b3c7a9a27eeb306b2a2076d2ca293.jpg

2062078668_NewPurpledress.jpg.4da2dbfe083a97c6b894adc0d172d6b0.jpg

Hi Ladies' date='[/color']

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...Wanted to post a picture of a dress I just purchased. I actually bought this dress in the Sapphire Blue for our last cruise....I found out that is is now available in purple, so just had to have it!:rolleyes:;):)

Love it. Where did you get it? Your reg place? Website again, please

Hi Ladies' date='[/color']

So pretty!!! How did you slip that blue one past me?;)