Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

@ Bottomfeeder, I know I was drawn to the pink and green dress because of sorority colors. I really love the style as well. The orange one caught my eye right away. Orange is one of my favorite colors. I have lost 20 pounds and have 30 more to lose. I am trying not to buy too many things until I've lost the weight. The two dresses I bought are size S. I'm thinking they should be fine regardless of my weight loss. I'm afraid to go any smaller than that. I'm thinking an XS would really be pushing it, but you're right I do have a lot more to buy. I have decided that by January, I should be at a weight that allows me to buy, buy, buy. I love it!:D:p:D

@ Host Faith, I love your posts and your reviews. You have such great style. I am 60 years old and trying not to get so old that I cannot enjoy life and style.

I really like the orange one! I am not fond of the green shade on the other dress, but that's just me. :)

Now the challenge will be to not buy a dozen or more dresses before your cruise finally gets here!

I just bought a bunch more clothes yesterday--2 pairs dress pants, a jacket, a more casual dress, a sweater and a t-shirt with a fancy ruffled collar. I REALLY need to stop reading this board before my closet gets way too full and my bank account too empty! :)

LOVE the orange...tempted to grab that one for myself! :D

I love that lace dress. I also like the other one for you younger girls...:)

Here are two I am considering for our upcoming cruise....

http://www.newyorkdress.com/Atria/8025AT.html

http://www.newyorkdress.com/Shail_K/KK3156.html

I love the lace one! I'm such a sucker for lace...*must* *not* *buy* *more* *lace* *dresses*

I'd love to find a formal dress with a pretty print, but alas I am pretty budget consious and refuse to buy anything unless it is a real bargain. For me to pay over $100 for formal wear to use only once, it unfathomable for me! I'm waiting for the after New Years sales. Hopefully, I can find everything I need then.

Oh I love this one! I wonder if it would fit...

$T2eC16ZHJGoE9nuQgj-zBQS%21cc3-N%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Hi,

What a lovely colour!

I have bought a few dresses from Ever Pretty via ebay (UK). I found the quality just ok, but then they are not very expensive...

This dress (off the left shoulder) was worn for the Black and White Ball on the Queen Elizabeth this year.

IMG_0081.jpg.ba1007324334ca230dafea79279e22c1.jpg

I'd love to find a formal dress with a pretty print, but alas I am pretty budget consious and refuse to buy anything unless it is a real bargain. For me to pay over $100 for formal wear to use only once, it unfathomable for me! I'm waiting for the after New Years sales. Hopefully, I can find everything I need then.

You might try Dillards, they have good quality clothing and maybe you can find a formal dress on sale.

http://www.dillards.com/shop/Women-Dresses/_/N-lgam?catalogId=301&langId=-1&splashlink=header_wapparel&storeId=301

Here's a dress from JC Penneys.........

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/women/categories/dresses/view-all/robbie-bee-print-pleat-front-maxi-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001070075&Nao=24&pN=2&searchTerm=long+formal+dresses&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults

Edited by cruz4evr

I went on a mini shopping spree this weekend and purchased a pair of amazing orange pants (yes, orange!) for the cruise, but I can also wear them to work. I also purchased a new dress for the cruise in a bright blue color. It'll be for a regular dinner, not formal, but it's is a bit of a change for me since I typically wear black or gray dresses...it's kind of exciting! I knew the gals on here would understand :)

Love, love, love the style......it will look great in blue!

May I ask who the designer of the dress is?

Thank you! It's by Ralph Lauren and I found it at Marshall's for $49.99 :). I was a little shocked by the sizing...had to go up two sizes from what I normally wear. That in itself would normally be enough to make me not buy the dress but I really liked the color, LOL!

I love the lace one! I'm such a sucker for lace...*must* *not* *buy* *more* *lace* *dresses*

I'm also a big fan of lace and own a few crochet/lace dresses. Glad that they are in style and available in such pretty bright colors.

Edited by cruz4evr

Thank you! It's by Ralph Lauren and I found it at Marshall's for $49.99 :). I was a little shocked by the sizing...had to go up two sizes from what I normally wear. That in itself would normally be enough to make me not buy the dress but I really liked the color, LOL!

Congrats! That's a phenomenal price for a Ralph Lauren dress.

I love Marshall's and shop there much too often! :D

I know what you mean about the colors. Good for you for trying something new. I am also venturing out beyond my comfort zone. Thus the search for a print formal gown.

I went on a mini shopping spree this weekend and purchased a pair of amazing orange pants (yes, orange!) for the cruise, but I can also wear them to work. I also purchased a new dress for the cruise in a bright blue color. It'll be for a regular dinner, not formal, but it's is a bit of a change for me since I typically wear black or gray dresses...it's kind of exciting! I knew the gals on here would understand :)

Thanks for the links. I recently posted two dresses I got form Dillards. I have to order online from them because we don't have one in my town. I will definitely keep looking online with them.

I like the dress from JCP but I'm looking for something more formal.

You might try Dillards, they have good quality clothing and maybe you can find a formal dress on sale. Also, not sure I'd feel comfortable with the cut. I'm 60 and think this may be a little young for me.

http://www.dillards.com/shop/Women-Dresses/_/N-lgam?catalogId=301&langId=-1&splashlink=header_wapparel&storeId=301

Here's a dress from JC Penneys.........

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/women/categories/dresses/view-all/robbie-bee-print-pleat-front-maxi-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001070075&Nao=24&pN=2&searchTerm=long+formal+dresses&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults

Thanks for the links. I recently posted two dresses I got form Dillards. I have to order online from them because we don't have one in my town. I will definitely keep looking online with them.

I like the dress from JCP but I'm looking for something more formal.

We don't have a Dillards in our area either and I have had to order from them....usually with good results. :)

Are you looking for a long or short dress?

This is very pretty, but a bit pricey.

http://www.discountdressshop.com/greek-style-one-shoulder-jeweled-strap-aqua-floral-print-dress-full-length.html

Are you looking for a long or short dress?

This is very pretty, but a bit pricey.

http://www.discountdressshop.com/greek-style-one-shoulder-jeweled-strap-aqua-floral-print-dress-full-length.html

That is a very beautiful dress, pity I am too old to wear it, a young in mind (69) old :)

Edited by ozgeordielass

Thanks ladies. I have lost quite a lot of weight over the past months, which I'm thrilled about, but I'm still learning how to dress the "new" me and hypersensitive about wearing something inappropriate! :)

I just turned 56 in July. I know my body. I never think about my age when I shop for my cloths. I do not worry about what other people think. I dress for me, my husband always proud of me. That is all is important.

I do like body-con style dresses. I bought this Herve Leger four years ago. I wore it many times.

7146942931_944c50aee2.jpg

I just bought these two dresess. I will be wearing them to the Breeder's Cup next month with my black hat.

8040185574_4e3c67762f.jpg

8040186064_58ba7ef455.jpg

Happy Shopping

M

I just turned 56 in July. I know my body. I never think about my age when I shop for my cloths. I do not worry about what other people think. I dress for me, my husband always proud of me. That is all is important.

I do like body-con style dresses. I bought this Herve Leger four years ago. I wore it many times.

I just bought these two dresess. I will be wearing them to the Breeder's Cup next month with my black hat.

Happy Shopping

M

I agree with you 100%! It's how one feels and looks in clothes and not necessarily one's age that should be the determining factor in buying a dress.

These dresses are stunning and you always look stylish and amazing in whatever I've seen you wear in previous threads. I admire your taste in clothes and always enjoy your pictures!

I can't wait to see pictures of your outfits from your upcoming cruise.

I agree with you 100%! It's how one feels and looks in clothes and not necessarily one's age that should be the determining factor in buying a dress.

These dresses are stunning and you always look stylish and amazing in whatever I've seen you wear in previous threads. I admire your taste in clothes and always enjoy your pictures!

I can't wait to see pictures of your outfits from your upcoming cruise.

Awww...You are so sweet. Thank you.

I love those dancing Penguins.

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

Happy Shopping

M

Wow, you look fantastic! Lovely dresses and you wear the bodycon style so well! I'm sure your husband is proud of you. :)

I just need to figure out the appropriate shapewear to wear under this style of dress and buy it--my spanx is too big since I"ve lost weight!! What a problem to have, huh? :)

I think I"d be best off with a slip style with the bra built in, with removable straps. I'm mulling between that and the kind of slip where you wear your own bra.