Golf Carts on pier St Thomas/St Maarten

My mother is sailing with us next month. She walks but gets tired after awhile. I was wondering if when we are docked at St Thomas and St Maarten if there is a golf cart that could give her a ride to the end of the pier? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Kathy

My mother is sailing with us next month. She walks but gets tired after awhile. I was wondering if when we are docked at St Thomas and St Maarten if there is a golf cart that could give her a ride to the end of the pier? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Kathy

We saw a tram like you see in theme parks at St. Maarten - not sure if this was complementary or if there was a charge for it. At St. Thomas, the walk isn't bad at all and you don't have to walk the entire length of the pier (just its width)

At St Maarten the carts/trams are free to ride however it is appreciated when they receive nice tips! If you ride them please give a buck or two so they can pay for gas and upkeep many people don't tip so they do appreciated those that do.

On St. Thomas it depends on which of the 3 slots your ship "parks" in. You have to walk off the pier, but there is a tram that will take you around the shopping mall area. The taxis are often available right at the ship, but sometimes you have to go across the shopping mall to get them.

St. Martin is a long pier and there are golf carts. Don't even consider walking this pier with your mom - the taxi area is quite a hike. There is almost no shade and it's particularly brutal in the afternoon.

Archived