Booked a Guar obstr view on Emerald Princess

Niche79

So I booked the Guar obstructed view on the Emerald Princess for nov 8th cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Anyone have any feelings about the obstructed views. Normally I always have balconies on any cruise I take but this time we had to wait way too long before I could buy the tickets because of the fiances job. Balconies were over 600 more than the obstr views....needless to say which I picked! :eek: I pray we dont get stuck in a junk room where I cant see anything outside, it could really ruin my trip:mad: Im hoping for an upgrade as we just did a balcony cruise in April with princess....no assigned room yet, crossing our fingers. Wont make the mistake of having to buy last minute either though!! EVA

So I booked the Guar obstructed view on the Emerald Princess for nov 8th cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Anyone have any feelings about the obstructed views. Normally I always have balconies on any cruise I take but this time we had to wait way too long before I could buy the tickets because of the fiances job. Balconies were over 600 more than the obstr views....needless to say which I picked! :eek: I pray we dont get stuck in a junk room where I cant see anything outside, it could really ruin my trip:mad: Im hoping for an upgrade as we just did a balcony cruise in April with princess....no assigned room yet, crossing our fingers. Wont make the mistake of having to buy last minute either though!! EVA

.Best of luck !!! At least you'll be on a cruise..Enjoy !!!

Niche, if an obstructed view will really 'ruin your trip' you should move up to a GTY booking of the lowest level room in which you will be happy. Yes, some of those rooms are completely blocked by the tender, and yes, I received the assignment to one of them after booking a GTY. But it was not a deal breaker for us. You are far more likely to receive a higher grade room in the same category as you booked, not so likely to receive a balcony when booking an OV.

Archived