Cigarettes

I've never cruised with Carnival before....

So...

I was wondering if they sell cartons of cigarettes? If so, does anyone know how much they are. My hubby wants to wait if at all possible and not buy cigarettes...

We are sailing on Friday on the Carnival Splendor to Mexico.

Thanks for any help!

Depends on how many cartons he buys we bought a pack of 2 cartons for $58 and they were selling a 5 carton bundle for $108...the more you buy, the less per carton they are.

only problem with that is there is a limit to the amount of cartons you take off, unless you smuggle.

In May they were 2 cartons for $58 as someone previously said. However they were 3 cartons for $56 in Mexico. I'm sure there may be a quality difference, but I don't know anything about it; I was buying for someone else, lol.

I am not sure about the pricing, BUT...

Make sure your husband has enough cigarettes to get him through until the ship gets into international waters as the liquor/smoke shop does not open until then (i think it was about 5pm if i remember)... now they do sell individual packs at the bars on board, BUT much more expensive than on land (I think it was over $5 for a pack of marlboros.)

yes they do. most major brands in the $20 range, but the tobacco is usually grown outside the us. look for the seal, and you'll know if it's american grown or not.

some can't tell the difference.

Those bought on the ship are made in the U.S.A. I just got 2 cartons of Newports for $65 ( over $80 a carton here in Mass.) Marboros are a little cheaper my friend got 2 cartons for $52, I know St.Thomas has Class A cigs the other islands I have been to have british tobbacco, found that out when I got some for $21 in Aruba yuck.:(

Like the other poster have said, there is supposed to be one carton per person limit. But, I take at least 6, 4 in my checked luggage, and two in my carry on bag. I declare two cartons. Never have been fined yet.

My brand is Pall Mall 100s Red, and they are $16.00 a carton. Marlboro 100s are $26.00 a carton.

Melanie

$24 p/carton for Marlboro 100's on board. Buy them after the ship leaves and you are in international waters. Not sure if it matters as the store might be closed until international waters but just in case. Same for booze. Wait and avoid the tax.

I am not sure about the pricing, BUT...

Make sure your husband has enough cigarettes to get him through until the ship gets into international waters as the liquor/smoke shop does not open until then (i think it was about 5pm if i remember)... now they do sell individual packs at the bars on board, BUT much more expensive than on land (I think it was over $5 for a pack of marlboros.)

On land, they are about $6 to $7 a pack! Much cheaper on the ship than on land. On Princess, they sell them at the bars for $4.00 a pack...

I'm not a smoker so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Since cigarettes and alcohol can be bought on the ship, (duty free?), are you allowed to take them and smoke them while on the ship or are they given to you at the end of the cruise like they do with the liquor?

I'm not a smoker so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Since cigarettes and alcohol can be bought on the ship, (duty free?), are you allowed to take them and smoke them while on the ship or are they given to you at the end of the cruise like they do with the liquor?

they go with you when you purchase them.

they go with you when you purchase them.

Thanks for your answer. So how much you save depends on on how much your state charges additional taxes? Example: Kentucky or North Carolina would not see as great of a price difference on the ship as would someone from NYC.

I've never cruised with Carnival before....

So...

I was wondering if they sell cartons of cigarettes? If so, does anyone know how much they are. My hubby wants to wait if at all possible and not buy cigarettes...

We are sailing on Friday on the Carnival Splendor to Mexico.

Thanks for any help!

Is that your full name and birthday in your user name? Not a good idea for a message board, not even this one.

Is that your full name and birthday in your user name? Not a good idea for a message board, not even this one.

It is my first and last name but the last 4 digits don't mean anything.

Thanks everyone for all your answers. I really appreciate the help. Just 24 hours to go! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your answer. So how much you save depends on on how much your state charges additional taxes? Example: Kentucky or North Carolina would not see as great of a price difference on the ship as would someone from NYC.

Yes, depends on how much you save....

On the Pride in Aug, they had the Marlboro special 5 cartons for $104-105.00 or you could buy 2 cartons for $59.00. Newport smokers got 2 cartons for $65.00 no special. The bars sold packs for $5.00.

I had 3 cartons (in nyc there're $12 a pack so I had no choice lol), 1 six pack of the island beer, and (3) 1 ltr bottles of bacardi gold. On the last night they give you a customs form to fill out, I listed everything, the customs agent asked me what I had, I told him, he welcomed me back into the states, and kept the line moving. There's a limit I think up to $500-$800 (check to make sure). They never scanned my bag like they did at embark.

p.s. the gift shop didnt open until about 2-3 hours after embarkment so make sure you have something to smoke, I smoke Newports but Bensen & Hedges taste mighty good after your first session at the lido deck!!!

Archived