YIKES ... What time is it ?

popeye0429

;) I haven't seen this question asked ..

Are there clocks in the staterooms or should we bring a small one ?

We surely wouldn't want to miss any meals .. oink-oink .... :eek:

Also .. since the staterooms are quite dark at nite .. are we allowed to bring a small "nite-lite" for the bathroom ?:D

There are no clocks, that I know of, at least on the Conquest class ships. We bring a small travel alarm clock for the times we need to be up for something specific.

Yes, you can bring a night light for the bathroom, but I reccomend a small flashlight. It's more versitile than a night light.

you cannot bring a night lite for the bathroom- there is no place to plug it in.

The outlet in the bathroom is for electric shavers only.

(we use a small flashlight. or those tap lights)

--

do not use your cell phone as a alarm clock- it will automatically change time to reflect any time changes on island time.

The telephone has a wake up service that you program

You can set a wakeup call on the phone, but the trouble with that is you have to get out of bed to answer it........I always travel with a battery powered alarm clock. We usually leave the bathroom light on so my sister can see her way to it.

The time is also displayed on the television, which many times we leave on at night as well.

I actually wear a watch when I'm on the ship because clocks are few and far between and I like knowing what time it is.

never mind serene beat me to it.

On my cruise last month we kept our phones (iPhones) on airplane mode - turned the function on when we were leaving port and off when we returned after 7 days. The majority of phones nowadays have this feature. The time can't change because it turns off all phone and data capabilities, but you can still use other functions such as non-internet/data based games. I recommend doing that and then you can use your phone as an alarm and stay on ship time without a hitch. No extra charges for roaming on the phone bills either.

If you have a smart phone, you could also use it as a night light: turn off the feature that auto locks the screen and turn the brightness of the screen very low so it doesn't keep you awake, then leave the screen on all night. I'd say to keep the phone plugged in to its charger if you do this to prevent the battery from dying overnight.

Happy sailing!

You can also just crack the bathroom door and leave the light on.

Happy Sailin'! :)

but if you hit some rough waters that door will move back and forth creating a lot of noise. to keep the door from slamming open and close-- fold a towel over the top of the door

I wish they had a dimmer in the bathroom- coz turning that on in the middle of the night is blinding.

:) Thanks for all the great posts ! We'll bring a small flashlite and battery operated clock. I tend to wake up a few times in the nite ... usually 4ish ... I don't want to "bother" my other half with toe stubbing and swearing ...... and thinking it's time to hit breakfast ... tho .....

Leaving the bathroom lite on and closing the door should work ... we do that in the hotels we visit.

Yahooooo ... couple more days ... I can hear Pride calling us ! ! !

Happy Crusin to ALL ..!

;) I haven't seen this question asked ..

Are there clocks in the staterooms or should we bring a small one ?

We surely wouldn't want to miss any meals .. oink-oink .... :eek:

Also .. since the staterooms are quite dark at nite .. are we allowed to bring a small "nite-lite" for the bathroom ?:D

none, except for the info channel on the TV.

Archived