Rum Runner River Tour any independents?

Good Buck

Does anyone know of a independent tour like the Carnival's Rum Runner River Tour? Tour the Heritage Center, not sure if that is the Belize museum or something else. Tour a Rum factory with tastings & cocktails to purchase. Boat up the Mangrove Channel to River Wallace then return. The time is 4.25 hrs & $86 each.

Most of the time an independent is less expensive, but I can not find anything like it. I did notice other cruise ship lines have the same tour so maybe the rum factory has locked out independents. We sail 10/29/2011 so any information would be appricated.

We will be on the Liberty in February and this is the tour we are interested in while visiting Belize but we have not been able to find any information or reviews on this excursion. Good Buck please let us know if you decide on this excursion and how your experience was. If anyone has taken this excursion please help us out.

We are still not sure if we are going to take Rum tour or the Airboat. I can not find anyone that offers either of these except the cruise line. I may wait until we get on the ship to book it. I will come back to this post, let you know what we did & what we thought of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finally had some time to get back on here again. Guessing you are on the ship by now. I was doing some looking around again today and there is now a review of Rum Runner River Tour. It sounds like some thing that we would like. Have a great time and let us know what you decided on for Belize when you are back. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are also going to book this tour for Feb 14. We are traveling with friends and our husbands also like the thought of the rum part and us girls like the river/animals part. So excited for this cruise as we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary and our friends are celebrating their 41st Anniversary. Once we get through our Christmas celebrations today the countdown will officially start.:D:D:D

We are also going to book this tour for Feb 14. We are traveling with friends and our husbands also like the thought of the rum part and us girls like the river/animals part. So excited for this cruise as we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary and our will you besfriends are celebrating their 41st Anniversary. Once we get through our Christmas celebrations today the countdown will officially start.:D:D:D

What ship will you be sailing?

Archived