guarantee cabins

rajacks

What would be the advantage to opting for a guarantee cabin, if the price is the same as selecting your cabin (in the same category). Is there a chance you could be upgraded to a better category?

It depends on the time of year you are sailing. If the ship is full, you will not be upgraded, but if it is not, there is a good chance you will. We have been upgraded from an inside to an outside cabin, but it was in Dec. and ship was not full. When we sail in the summer, we have never been upgraded, so we pick the cabins we want. Hope this helps.

Madelyn

I think the main thing about booking a guarantee is getting the category you want. If you don't want an inside room, don't go for that particular guarantee. If you don't get upgraded, you might end up unhappy with your room.

We booked a guarantee balcony for our trip because we like balcony rooms. It wouldn't matter to us which deck we're on as long as we can sit out there and watch the ocean float by. We ended up with an extended one and to us, that's a nice bonus. Oddly enough, we booked only 2 months before (we leave on the 10th) and just found out that the ship is sold out! Talk about luck!

So... Ya never know. Just make sure you book that guarantee in the category you'd feel most comfy with and more often than not, you'll be happy with what you get!

Booking a guarantee can put you anywhere within the category you booked. If you booked an inside that cabin can be anywhere on the ship- if you book an oceanview gauarantee you will not get an inside but could get an obstructed balcony. Booking a balcony gauarantee could put you within any balcony (not obstructed)

Getting a free upgrade is the luck of the draw. It doesnt make a difference when you booked- if you are a repeat cruiser.

If you do not care where you cabin is located go for the guarantee- sometimes booking this way is cheaper then booking an outright cabin number. I have done both- but like picking my cabin so I am aware of where we are staying- I'd be afraid to be put under a disco- or under the galley.

We booked a gty. for our Sapphire 8/21 cruise to Alaska in an obstructed view category (FF). When I looked to see which cabins are available (some websites show this), it looks like there is 1 that may be in between 2 lifeboats. (E611)

So I called Princess to see how 'obstructed' this cabin would be & all they say is "the book is not to scale on the deck layout' & all that it is 50% obstructed.

Any suggestions - do you think this ship could get filled. Should I take a chance & go w/the gty. in hopes of maybe getting upgraded.

why take a chance when you dont have to? :confused: I dont get the whole guarantee thing. I want to enjoy my vacation expecially since cruising is pretty expensive. I would hate to end up in a lousy location and be disappointed. JMHO :)

FWIW:

1st time criser here. I booked the cheapest category room on the NCL sea last week. I believe it was inside stateroom (smallest one) on the 3rd deck.

I went w/ the guaranteed option, and got the paperwork from NCL/cruise.com today.

Well, imagine my surprise to see that I was given cabin 8226. It's on the 8th deck now (of course) and w/ partially obstructed view. the cabin is also 16 sq. ft. larger (which seems important on the NCL Sea. Anyway, I guess the guarantee option poses NO THREAT at all, if you're already booking the "worst" category of stateroom. It would have run about $130/each for the cruise to book this room originally.

What I find odd, is that there are still cabins showing available at the original level???

Archived